bowsniper

i was the other guy...

i was the other guy who fell out of a tree. i was leaning back on a "lineman" type tree harness when the harness failed. i fell about 20 feet onto my wrist and shattered it. i had surgery last week, and will need a few more. they will probably have to fuse my wrist. i was blessed that i had no other injuries. i tried to be very safe, using a full body harness and prusic lines. my down falll (literally) was that i didn't read the fine print on a poorly designed harness. if anyone has kevin's email address, please pm it to me. i'd like to email him. sitting out the season, contemplating a fused wrist , and typing with one hand really sucks. be careful. thank you amanda for taking me to the hospital.

bowsniper

I am praying for you bowsniper, I would think if the harness broke the company that made it might be liable, good luck on your upcoming surgeries.

I have to say that I am afraid of heights, but have thought about a treestand, you guys aren't helping me.

Be safe and be careful out there, Good Luck and God Bless.

Here are some pics from Mark's trail cam of the bucks and lion he had hoped to be hunting.

mark-lucas-lion.jpg

mark-lucas-bucks-2.jpg

mark-lucas-bucks-1.jpg

I hope you heal as quick as possible Mark. And I hope people take treestand safety seriously! It only takes a second to get seriously hurt.

Amanda

Cool pics.

Thanks Mark and Amanda for sharing.

Take care bowsniper, heal up fast.

Ouch! And Wow! That looks like a big lion!

Maybe he will be around when you feel up to hunting agian.

I will pray for a speedy recovery for you!

BTW

How was it that Amanda took you to the hospital?

Wow, that's too bad. Just be thankful that it was not worse. A lot people get killed or paralyzed every year from tree stand falls.

Maybe we could all pitch in and get you one of those Draw Lock thingys! :)

Sorry to hear about the accident Mark. I hope your wrist is better in time for Dec. At least you can still check your cameras!!! Who knows, maye a 120" buck will find your salt in the meantime. That 112" buck from last year is going to be real tough to beat though.

guys,

thanks for your prayers and kind words. I just got back from my stand, a buddy took me up there to get my stuff. my fall was easily 25 feet. about 10 minutes before my fall, a little voice, the Lord, told me to move a log away from base of my tree. i fell right where the log had been. i shuttered when i saw the log today. i would have been impaled on a large broken branch that was sticking out of the log. please be safe out there. also if you see my buck in unit 23, please LEAVE HIM ALONE, HE'S MINE!

bowsniper

Keep the faith, it could have been worse. Did I read correctly, you saw a deer in 23, that is very unusual, 23, there are no deer in 23, nobody will be looking around an entire unit for one stray deer, maybe you meant unit 45.