Well after 8 years of hunting Coues in NM I finally got my first one! I got a buck of a lifetime with a muzzleloader with a 175 yard shot. I had some help scoring him and we came up with 105 and 3/8 gross! I couldn't believe it when I walked up on him. I wasn't trophy hunting by any means, I was just trying to get my first buck, I just happened to get really lucky. And to top it all off I got him on my birthday! It definately was the best hunting experience of my life with all the difficulties I've had in getting one. My friend Jim also got his second coues buck on this trip so we got 100% success rate on the hunt.

frontdeer.jpg

sidedeer.jpg

deerhead.jpg

Jim's deer.

jimdeer.jpg

Travis

Am I seeing things or are those bucks related? Check out that character point on both! Looks like the same antler configurations just a few years apart in age? Freakin' outstanding bucks! Congrats! JIM>

5yearcoues, no 8yearcoues, no that aint right either...

BIGOL'SMOKEPOLESHOOTIN'COUES, THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Way to stick with it and reach such an incredible goal, and on your birthday, YAHOO!!!

Congrats to both of you on some great bucks!

Awesome guys; Congrats!

Great bucks and with smoke poles too! A huge congrats to you and your partner. What a b-day present. I am with Jim it looks like they are from the same gene pool.

Phil

Thanks guys! Jim's buck doesn't haven't the sticker point like mine. I definately looks like it in the picture, but I think it's something on Jim's shirt or the way the rack is curved. He is a typical 4X4. I also wanted to say that I couldn't have got this buck without Jim. He was a calming force when I started to get the buck fever again. LOL! Jim's shoulder was also my rest on the shot, so again I couldn't haven't done it without him!

Travis

Great job on a couple of nice bucks!!! I know from experience how difficult it is to kill a coues buck in NM, and you guys got two. Way to go!

Great deal there. If that was what you got for your birthday, whatcha gonna get for Christmas?:rolleyes:

Congratulations!