Sign in to follow this  
BML

ABSOLUTE GIANT!!

I am sure some of you have recently received the email with an absolute monster coues deer shot in Mexico by the guys at Coues Country Outfitters. I was just wondering if anyone has any other info on the buck??

Because of the rules here, I can't post the pictures, but it's the biggest non-typical buck I have ever seen!! I can't even describe how big it is.

If you know anything let me know. Thanks

The buck was shot by a hunter from Oregon (first time coues hunter I believe). He was guided by Javier Monge from Mexafari outfitters (one of our sponsors!) and was hunted on a ranch that I think is owned or leased by Tachi Contreras of Coues Country Outfitters. Javier asked me to post these pics. He also thinks I need to drive to Hermosillo now to go score this buck! WOW, what a giant.

Javier would like everyone to know that there are three tags available for this ranch for this season. He says to call him if you are interested. Javier has been a supporter of this website for years now and I have hunted with him several times. Feel free to call him if you are interested in more info. He gave me no indication on price of the tags, except that they would be fairly expensive, as you might imagine based on this buck.

ENJOY!

post-1-1231902741.jpg

post-1-1231902859.jpg

post-1-1231902880.jpg

I think this pic shows his size better than the others....

post-1-1231903195.jpg

Tachi and Javier have been after this buck for awhile. here are his sheds from prior year:

post-1-1231902937.jpg

Amanda

That's the one!! I also have a picture of this buck next to another buck that was also killed at the same time. The other buck is a very nice buck as well, but looks like a dink compared to this one!!

Thanks for the info Amanda!

here is the other pic you are referring to:

post-1-1231903305.jpg

Javier says it's got 34 points on it! Didn't have an estimate of a score. That's why he wants me to go score it.....I am still trying to figure out if there is anyway I have that much time to devote to driving to Hermosillo to green score a buck.....

Amanda

Yeah, that buck is pretty re-freaking-diculous. Amanda, I think you should take him up on that and score that thing.

I might just have to. Javier says the photos don't do it justice and that you have to hold it to believe it.

Anyone want to roadtrip to Hermosillo with me to score it? It's gonna take a long time to score that thing no doubt!

Amanda

WOW, That's not a deer, It's a dead tree with a deer under it. :blink: Seriously though congrats that Buck is awesome.

--Bill

Those "fire flame" brows are Wicked!!! And you tell by the look on that guy's face, he has no idea what he just shot!!! :blink: :blink: :lol: That is a buck that he will spend a lifetime growing to apreciate!! ;) What a buck!!! :blink: Fan-Frickin'-Tastic!!!! ;)

Those "fire flame" brows are Wicked!!! And you tell by the look on that guy's face, he has no idea what he just shot!!! :blink: :blink: :lol: That is a buck that he will spend a lifetime growing to apreciate!! ;) What a buck!!! :blink: Fan-Frickin'-Tastic!!!! ;)

That's the first thing I thought after I saw the buck...FLAMIN BASES!

That's also the first thing I thought after I saw the hunter....no idea.

That's one GNARLY buck!

Yeah, that buck is pretty re-freaking-diculous. Amanda, I think you should take him up on that and score that thing.

I might just have to. Javier says the photos don't do it justice and that you have to hold it to believe it.

Anyone want to roadtrip to Hermosillo with me to score it? It's gonna take a long time to score that thing no doubt!

Amanda

Hermosillo is about 12 hours from my driveway, and I'm tempted ;)

:o lahhh bbbbbb th th thbbb OH MY LORD!! Speechless........

Yep I know about the bucks up in mexico. They are huge just like the ones in the pictures. I shot a 38 inch non-tipical in the mountains of Mexico. I am going hunting down there agian next year.