GameHauler

Cartridge Collection

I am up to 68 now.Need to make a new list soon.I could use a 8MM bullet and a 32cal bulletto put in a couple cases that don't have a bullet.As always, looking for anything I don't have.Any of you newer guys collect?

I don't collect but I do have some .32s. They are loaded though.

Anyone interested in some 1957 olympic match 30-06 ammo? Frankford arsenal. I don't know much about it. I don't collect but was told not to shoot it. Apparently that would upset collectors. If interested in have 3 or 4 opened boxes.

• Like 1

Haven't counted them in a while there's probably between 120 and 130.

I've been collecting since I was about 12.

But what do you do if one fits in the middle

There's a little space in between them all. I just close the spaces all up a little to make room for new comers.

Anyone interested in some 1957 olympic match 30-06 ammo? Frankford arsenal. I don't know much about it. I don't collect but was told not to shoot it. Apparently that would upset collectors. If interested in have 3 or 4 opened boxes.

My guess is that it was actually for the Camp Perry match, not the Olympics. Yes, to the right collector it would be very desirable.

That is not so bad you just shuffle them over to make room for the new one. What sucks is when you bump the shelf and knock them all over. :( Then there are dilemmas like the .244 Remington and the 6 mm Remington, do you want both?

Actually I do have some duplicates. You know the regular 30-06 and the 30-06 loaded with the rubber bullet. The silver tip 30-30 and the 30-30 accelerator. There's four 38 specials, the wad cutter, the shot shell, a weird hollow point with a very shiny black coating and one I was told would penetrate Kevlar.

Are you looking for contributions? I could provide 270 WSM and 7mm WSM.

I would take you up on that. It is a lot of the new newer stuff that I don't have, The WSM, WSSM, RUM & SAUM series along with things like 6.5 Grendle and 6.5 Creedmore. I have the .300 RUM & 6.8 SPC just because I shoot them.

That is not so bad you just shuffle them over to make room for the new one. What sucks is when you bump the shelf and knock them all over. :( Then there are dilemmas like the .244 Remington and the 6 mm Remington, do you want both?

Actually I do have some duplicates. You know the regular 30-06 and the 30-06 loaded with the rubber bullet. The silver tip 30-30 and the 30-30 accelerator. There's four 38 specials, the wad cutter, the shot shell, a weird hollow point with a very shiny black coating and one I was told would penetrate Kevlar.

My guess it the .38 hollow point with the black coating is a Winchester Black Talon. Does the case have a Winchester headstamp?

I would take you up on that. It is a lot of the new newer stuff that I don't have, The WSM, WSSM, RUM & SAUM series along with things like 6.5 Grendle and 6.5 Creedmore. I have the .300 RUM & 6.8 SPC just because I shoot them.

Cool, I live in Chandler too so it should be easy if you'd like to meet us sometime. I can bring a couple different loads of each, you can have what you'd like. Would be fun to contribute to the collection.

My guess it the .38 hollow point with the black coating is a Winchester Black Talon. Does the case have a Winchester headstamp?post-15839-0-10579300-1503492827_thumb.jpgpost-15839-0-77939100-1503492863_thumb.jpg

The so called Kevlar piercing round turns out to be an old KTW metal piercing round.

Looks like I read wrong, I thought the hollow point and AP were two different items. The black color makes sense in a way, black is the NATO color code for AP. Does that one have a hardened penetrator rod in the center of the projectile?

Cool, I live in Chandler too so it should be easy if you'd like to meet us sometime. I can bring a couple different loads of each, you can have what you'd like. Would be fun to contribute to the collection.

that would be great. I'm leaving Friday for a week's vacation to go fling some arrows and lose some lures. Maybe we can catch up sometime after that. I'm around Rural and Chandler Boulevard.

Looks like I read wrong, I thought the hollow point and AP were two different items. The black color makes sense in a way, black is the NATO color code for AP. Does that one have a hardened penetrator rod in the center of the projectile?

You read correctly I just didn't make it very clear. The AP round is a solid metal core with a green teflon coating.

that would be great. I'm leaving Friday for a week's vacation to go fling some arrows and lose some lures. Maybe we can catch up sometime after that. I'm around Rural and Chandler Boulevard.

Perfect, I'm at Ray & McClintock. Just get in touch when you're back in town, and enjoy your vacay!

HNDLDR I'm sure I probably have some extras in duplicates laying around that might interest you. Getting ready to take off for a week's vacation but I could dig them up and let you know what I have when I get back if you're interested. What city do you live in?