CHD

AZ Governor's Tag Coues Buck 1994

Josh,

I know you can take some constructive criticism, same as you can dish it out, right?

The credit for a shed or pickup goes entirely to the animal, not a human being who did nothing but happen to be in the right place at the right time. I am sick and tired of shed hunters showing off their finds and acting like they actually harvested the animal using hunting knowledge and abilities when all they did was pick up a piece of bone lying on the ground. Give me a break would you? Shed hunting and collecting has nothing at all to do with 'live animal hunting'. The use of a person's name in conjunction with a pickup or shed or ownership is nothing less than outrageous and egomaniacal.

Wow CHD, that came out of left field. It looks as if you're really trying start something here out of nothing and I'm not really sure why you're taking it out in my direction. I refuse to get into an argument with another fellow sportsman about something as rediculous as this. You've got your ideas and opinions about this and that's all that really matters. With all your opinions you should be directing your effort towards the Anti's instead of a fellow sportsman such as myself. Remember, we're on the same side.

Good day,

Josh

CHD, That is a killer deer man. I was gonna say that with your digital camera you take some great pics. However if you don't mind a little constructive criticism I'd like to offer some. The only reason I'm mentioning this to you is cause I've taken dozens of what would be killer photos only to have them half in the sun and half in the shade and they are never what they could have been. What I usually do now is wait for a cloud to come over so it's all in the shade or drag my subject, be it a shed antler or dead critter, into the sun completely. The flash you mentioned can only help so much. Just a little advise from one hunter who appreciates good photos to another, take it or leave it. Killer deer man that is awesome. Beautiful deer and great looking country.

Thanks for sharing,

Josh

Didn't come out of left field Josh, and you dang well know it. I was (and still am) trying to encourage others to post their personal great stuff on this forum.............even if it's not perfect...........to make this forum better.................and you pissed on my efforts. With egomaniacal, domineering responses like yours above, why would anybody post here?

WOW........Put the jug down Chris, that was not cool............

CHD,

I know neither of you personally, but it seems to be that you are being just a wee bit neurotic, (i.e. emotional disturbances) over this. It seems Josh is stating fact while you are running off pure bitter emotion. Just my 2 cents. Just a little friendly constructive criticism. -Shiras

Shiras & .25-06,

You guys have to contribute positively to this forum to have credibility here. That is how the forum-thing works. Posting simple responses only just don't get it.........understand?

I am struggling to find your pics, stories, advice, good units, etc... in your posting history. Looks like you guys just wanna criticize here in something that ain't even your business.

Where were you guys when I took the time to post my pics last fall when Josh decided to be negative and counterproductive in what I thought was a positive post??? I stand behind my statement about shed hunters and antler collectors. And I do indeed remember....................everything.

My initial impression of Josh was exactly as I stated. Why shouldn't I treat him the same? Josh posted his stuff, and I posted mine. It's that simple.

So when can I expect your great pics and stories???

Hey Wetmule,

Long time no speak my friend. Is this what you are trying to get me to say?

Dan King's buck was never recognized as the WR because it was poached. Jim Reynolds is a friend of mine and I like him and he is the greatest trophy Coues deer hunter that has ever lived and I admire him immensely.

Are you gonna defend me now, Wetmule, LOL?

Guest Ernesto C

Hooolllyyyyy Cow Chris,calm down my friend,take a deep breath. Shiras and 25-06 they are only telling you to take a step back Chris so you can make two steps forward and I'm doing the same thing because I care about you and I respect you and consider you a value member of this awesome site just like Josh or any other member.

Let's be honest Chris,in the past I was ofended but I forgive my aggressor and also there has ben some times that I'm the one making the mistake and some fellow members let me know what I'm doing wrong and I have to apologize.

Chris or are you doing this just because you want your posts to be the longest ones?

If I'm offending you Chris dont attack me back just ignore me and be happy,sometimes you can win battles with out saying a word.God bless you my friend and remember forgive us.

Ernesto C.

Hey Ernesto (again tonite),

Not into touchy-feely stuff on this forum. Only results and fairness.

Check out my response to you under 'Utah Animules'. Do you have any pics from your memorable WY hunts? I'd sure like to see 'em. I can post 'em for ya if you send 'em to me.

Got any plans to apply there again?

Take care.

Chris,

Better taper off to the 80 proof, and get off that Wild Turkey 101. (Just Kidding)

Take er easy on ol' Josh there, pretty sure you two really are on the same side, he ain't no 270 if you know what I mean. I like seing your stuff and I like seing Josh's stuff, glad you both post. I personally don't think it takes as much skill to find sheds as live bucks, but huntin for sheds and findin them sure gives you a leg up come huntin season and for some it is a valuable scouting tool and it sure is fun finding bones and being out there trampling around the hills. Yea I got your back, but I don't know nuthin bout the King buck so I doubt I'd be much help. Now if you post Darners crap I'm there bro. Now I'm gonna go have a shot of Wild Turkey. Take er easy.

Guest Ernesto C

Chris,I don't know much about computers but give me some time and I'll try to email you some pictures.

I did not apply for WY. this year because gaining access to private propertys in Casper is impossible. I always apply for the southern units which are BLM land but never get drawn there. I might apply later on in July for the second drawing if I gain access to private property but I will find out in two more weeks.

How about you? did you applied for this year?

Ernesto C

Well, actually I'm on the wagon and been drinkin' lemonade. But if I spend enough time here I'll be back to George Dickel 90-proof in no time.

Some folks think I have a short fuse, but the truth is I have none. The last remnant of my fuse burned off when I was 13.

I was going back thru my posts from last year the other night to see what I had posted and came across the discouraging one in red above. We would have had this conversation last year had I seen it then. It should have been deleted then as it is counterproductive.

One thing that irritates me about this forum is those who try to force others into following their idea of the atmosphere here (like their wants matter the most) when they don't contribute anything worthwhile here. An example is Lark's attempt at humor which is also badly needed here. A few people, evidently, didn't agree and PM'd him until he apologized. That is nonsense! Lark was trying to liven' this forum up and had nothing but good intentions. Why in the heck should he have to apologize for that? Unbelievable! What is the message in that? Nobody should post a joke from now on because someone might be offended? Some members have to toughen up and grow a thicker skin. I've been called everything but a white man here and I never wussed out. Even had a thread about me that I thought was funny........until........the people described in this paragraph starting judging. I just think it takes a lot of nerve to think this atmosphere should be YOUR way when you don't contribute diddly. That's just incredibly hypocritical.

But enough. Let's move on.

Now.....................ain't there any Dan King fans out there, LOL?

CHD,

I am just stating that it seems to be somewhat of an unfair attack from what I have read. That is my OPINION. As for great posts, I have only hunted deer in NM 1 time, so my exposure to western hunting is very limited, but I don't think that makes me uninformed or clueless about the hostility you are exuding.

Keep your chin and jabs above the belt, and have a wonderful day Chris.

-Shiras

Listen, don't ever criticize me, understand!!!

LOL, just kiddin' boys. Just couldn't seem to resist, hehehe.

I want you all to know that this has been a major traumatic event in my life. I am a fairly fragile person, and now I'm deeply disturbed by all this stuff. I haven't slept in 3 nights, and I can't concentrate at work. I feel my life may be over. However, there is one thing that can get me thru this difficult period in my life. That one thing is This.

I hereby establish the CHD Get-Over-It Fund on CW.com. Donations are encouraged. A case is only about $400. To the perpetrators that caused all my mental anguish, please don't hesitate to chip in, okay? Please send your tax-deductable donations to CW.com c/o Amanda, and she will purchase this wonderful cure-all medicine and have it shipped to me. I'll let you all know how it all turns out.

:D Right on Chris, It's great to have ya back...