CHD

AZ Governor's Tag Coues Buck 1994

"HAVEN"T SLEPT IN 3 NIGHTS" ? Are you on METH! HEEEEEY JUST KIDDING, I have tried to have a few differnet pictures posted and they never made it. One that I tried to get posted I was told it was a mule deer shed, (which I knew) and it never made it . Oh well I know what it looks like. Also the Picacho elk picture I sent in didn't make it, oh well. I just look at all the other pictures everyone else sends in. CHD I think the pictures you have posted are good.

Here is my two dollars worth. All I have to say is if CHD Chris Is going to post any more pictures on this forum I hope they all have the blond that was holding the coues shed, Because all those men in the pictures are all butt ugly. :D

And josh I hope you find someone to put in your shed photos to help you out too. If I have to see that cheesy goatie smile again I just may stop reading posts on this forum. :D I like all the posts you guy's make.

I think I can arange a cage fight if you all need one. It always makes me fill better.

Lets face it it is all about the brag anyways. I just wish I had something worth bragging about. :D

PS. CHD My sister in law lives in Green river WY. How is the hunting around there. I have thought about putting in there just because I would have a place to stay.

Here is my 2 cents. CHD, you need to grow up and quit acting like a sissy. Josh's post to you was a suggestion to help you. Quit being so damned sensitive. This is the internet. I'm done.

CHD,

In your quote from Josh you posted above, Josh complimented you no less than 4 times. He said you take good pictures, great buck, and beautiful country! Those types of comments are considered by most to be friendly and positive. He also offered some friendly advise from one hunter to another on taking pictures. His advise was good and also offered in a friendly manor. Don't jump the guy for trying to be nice! I'd suggest you take a piece of your own advise and I quote..........."Some members have to toughen up and grow a thicker skin."

Are you guys for real? My post #29 is a complete, 100% JOKE! It is meant as humor only! It is not in any way my true feelings or emotions! It is pure sarcasm and levity!

Let me take a wild stab here and guess...........TAM and TREESTANDMAN are shed hunters?

I spent $25 for a Photobucket membership and payed to have those pics scanned in last year and took the time to post them here. When I (or anybody else) do that for the enjoyment of others here, it is completely inappropriate to say anything negative, particularly if it's to make yourself look good. If you like the post, then say so. If you don't, then remain silent. I post many fubar'd pics of my own here to also encourage others to post theirs, even if they aren't perfect pictures. Any negativity or criticism only discourages others from posting because they think they might get the same. I happen to like a lively forum with good debates, humor, lots of pics, news, gear, politics, and good hardcore hunting info.

Not to mention the fact that Josh didn't take the time to read my post where I explained my situation. It wasn't even a digital camera. Had the flash worked, the pic woulda been okay. Period. People don't post pics because they want an effin photography lesson.

I bought a $130 scanner and a $350 digital camera a while back. I spent 1.5 hours scanning, resizing, and posting the other night. Then, 2 members who are one-sentence posters and ain't carrying their weight around here try to tell me how to behave on this site.

If you want to raise my ire, then these are dang good ways of doing it.

Now like I suggested earlier, let's move on. If you wanna PM me for further discussion, then feel free to do so.

Arizona Guide were you a cage fighter, I kickboxed for several years and I have to say that fighting ( in the ring ) was a great experience, and yes it always made me feel better too.

I boxed a bit in high school. When it was not Football season..I am a father now and do not do that kind of stuff any longer.I use to spar with a guy that is a cage fighter. He needs some folks to knock around a bit so I would help him out with it. He no longer does it either. He had his eye socket crushed and was told he could no longer fight in the cage.I have a hard time even waching it anymore it gets my nervs wound up to much. I guess that is what a few kids and a wife will do to you. Not only that I do not want my ears looking any worse than they do right now. If you know what I mean.

I stopped fighting not to long after my daughter was born, I am getting to old to do that just for fun. I was always more nervous when my brothers were fighting than I was, I don't know how I will feel if one of my kids wants to.

Yes my five year old son will set through a whole fight on TV if mom would let him.We fight and wrestle all the time. He always wins ya know. And he will turn around and say the champion of the world is trace the racer .

My son just turned five also, starting school this year, I just hope I've got him straightened out that he can only fight with me or I'll be at the school as much as he is.

CHD My sister in law lives in Green river WY. How is the hunting around there. I have thought about putting in there just because I would have a place to stay.

Awright, AZGUIDE. You asked, so here it is. Any other members ('cept TAM and TREEMAN) are welcome to this info as well.

Up until 1993, the Rock Sprgs/Green River area was the best Sportsmans paradise in the Rockies, bar none. All within 3 hours drive...........Flaming Gorge Res., stream/river fishing, muleys, elk, antelope, sage grouse, blue grouse, moose, elk, sheep..........and on the list goes. WY had a HUGE dieoff in the winter of '92-93, and it has never recovered due to the ensuing decade-long drought. In 1992, there were 700 buck antelope permits for unit 61, today.......200. WY has suffered from the same drought as AZ.

However, there is lots of public land there. And still a few critters left.

Apply for limted quota muley hunts in units 101 & 102, both super desert juniper/sagebrush/rimrock country hunts that are hard to draw. For the other units, don't bother right now. Here's what it looks like:

WY102-2.jpg

For goats, check the WYGFD website for drawing odds. There are nice bucks in any direction from The Rock/GR. If ya just want an average one, then apply for a unit that is easier to draw. This is a great trip and great hunt that many miss out on. Just ask Ernesto C. 2 or 3 of you can apply together, share gas, a few nights motel, camp out the rest, and see some beautiful different country all the way from southern AZ to southern WY. Have fun chasing some gome goats (a low-pressure, fun hunt), shoot some coyotes, maybe fish..........and take lots of pics and post 'em here. What a great, enjoyable trip!

For 300-340 elk, apply for units, 100, 30, 32, 31 around RS/GR. Mostly public and lots of older bulls. VERY hard to draw. The other units blow.

The WY moose I posted here was taken in unit 26 north of Kemmerer, WY. Most folks don't know that you can draw a WY moose tag as a non-resident with just a few preference points. I only had 4.

Long story short, don't get hung up at the AZ border. There is all kinds of huntin' and neat countryside out there. You only get to live once, don't wait too long. Round up a few buddies, save a few $$$, and apply.

I lived in Rock Springs for a while and wished I was in Pinedale every day. Good country up in those windrivers, Rock Springs was real windy. I remember looking out the window one morning and the Flying J Truck Stop sign read -53, to this day I don't know if it was correct who cares it was cold with lots of wind.

One thing I will agree with CHD on, WY has some great hunting. I've hunted in the SE corner of WY a few times. Really Only 1 time as a hunter, and the others as a tagalong extra spotter or packmule. I have relatives who live on the Wyo, Neb border and they have mulies, lopes, whitetail everywhere, and even elk within a couple hours drive plus Moose a bit farther. Relatives have bagged some monsters within 1/2 mile from home. Lots of private land and few good places are public. Land locks too prevent access to many unless you helicopter in.

My antelope hunt there was fun! scouted 1/2 day prior to hunting find the heard my Brother-in-law had been eyeing for a few weeks. Then the next morning after securing permission from a local land owner, we drove about 4 miles, parked 1/2 mile from the road, walked 2-300 yards and after climbing a fence the sun was just starting up. The lone buck in the heard must have thought we were a couple bucks moving in on his territory as the sun was coming up! Never got closer to one than that for the whole trip.

I dropped him near the Same place we thought he would be after watching the night before. He was only 60 yards from us and coming toward us fairly fast.

Spent the next week trying to get 4 more for other family who had met there for the same lope hunt and reunion. (in the end, everyone got decent bucks!) Lots of the private ranchers will let you hunt lopes, but not deer. You may have a tresspass fee to pay and some close off the ranches to anyone. Many ranches make a good amount of money selling premium hunts so they rarely let anyone on without payment.

Great fun! Great Country! Great People, Great hunting, Only 2 hours from Cabelas in Sydney NE. ! What more can a guy ask for!

Here is a picture of a strange antelope my brother in law took this last season. Check it out!

mrwierdo.jpg

mrwierdo1.jpg

Man he helped that dude out didn't he.

One thing I will agree with CHD on, WY has some great hunting.

This is the ONLY thing we can agree on? Ya sure are a crotchety old man, j/k.

Thanks for postin' that freak antelope, az4life. Also thanks for the story. Man, that poor, cursed ol buck had to turn his head sideways to look forward. Wonder what caused his deformity? I'm not into freaks, just pretty symmetrical heads.

I've been to Cabela's in Sidney, about 10 years ago. Drove there from Casper and even got a speeding ticket along the way. Leave the Visa card at home when you go there tho, LOL.

I lived in Rock Springs for a while and wished I was in Pinedale every day. Good country up in those windrivers, Rock Springs was real windy. I remember looking out the window one morning and the Flying J Truck Stop sign read -53, to this day I don't know if it was correct who cares it was cold with lots of wind.

Hey Houston, I lived in The Rock for 6 months during the winter of '96-97. I saw -22 w/ 30-40 mph gusts which calculated to -71 wind chill. Holy sheet! I moved here in spring 1997, LOL.

It is neat to know that you guys get outside of AZ once in a while. Now................maybe I can get INTO AZ this fall due to a great Coues tag.