catfish

when did you shoot your first big game animal

I am super jealous of those who grew up hunting. I was the age most of you were when my dad made me read a math book. Oh the horrible memories!

I was 26 when the first hunt I ever witnessed was my own. My husband fell asleep glassing and I got my first cow. Late left over tag, all by myself. Still my favorite hunt to this day. A month later I got a spike mule deer.

• Like 1

I am super jealous of those who grew up hunting. I was the age most of you were when my dad made me read a math book. Oh the horrible memories!

I was 26 when the first hunt I ever witnessed was my own. My husband fell asleep glassing and I got my first cow. Late left over tag, all by myself. Still my favorite hunt to this day. A month later I got a spike mule deer.

September of 1966. I was ten years old in Cameron, LA, My PaPa made me shoot a horse that had broken a leg. I was really upset about it until the next day he let me shoot 3 alligators in the back marsh. That's Cajun hunting there. Don't know if you consider gators as big game but I don't think an elk or deer will eat you either.

Mine was 6 years ago. Im fairly old at 33 and late coming into hunting. But by the grace of god my wife family took me in and my brother in law took me under his wing and taught me everything in the last few years. I am truly blessed. My first was a 3x3 muley in 6A. Since then i have gotten two bulls one with a bow and rifle and an archery deer. Feel very blessed

2009, cow elk. I was 50 years old.

I shot a mule deer doe with a recurve I borrowed when I was 20. No one in my family ever took me, met a guy at a wedding that was into falconry and bowhunting. Got an either sex tag and hunted that fall from the backpacks. He killed a buck and I killed a for first day in. Been bowhubting ever since.

It was 1982 I was 10 years old. Killed a javalina on the San carlos apache reservation behind the dam. One shot 150 yards with a Ruger m77 6mm. I still have the gun,my uncle gave it to me that year after I killed my pig....

Started in 2001 or so. Back when you could take a doe. I had no clue man, it's kinda funny to look back on what a noob I was. Of course it was all archery but still... Couldn't even kill a doe! Probably got my first buck with my bow around 2002 or 03. Was sitting under a big oak tree and saw a buck running straight at me from a distance. Stopped and turned broadside probably 15 feet in front of me. I aimed for the heart and got him in the neck. After he got done runing around in circles and died. Here came the mountain biker that scared him right to me! Great memory.

• Like 1

My first big game animal was when I was 10 first few hours of the hunt my dad set me up on a 145" 4x4 mule deer. My older brother picked up the rack and dropped it back on the ground and not knowing much I said "carefull your going to break them", when really it wasn't possible for him to break them doing what he did, very memorable hunt.

I was 16 in 1998 in 36A white tail