catfish

when did you shoot your first big game animal

I went on my first hunt at age 13 (no tag) and I knew it was for me except my father was not into hunting. He love to go shooting and camping, just not hunting. My uncle who is now like my father figure has hunted for 20-25 years all in AZ. He took me and my new wife at the time hunting 13 years ago after 3 years of applying. I finally drew a 32 mulie tag. It was a very good year for our hunting party, we filled 4of 5 tags. My wife was the only unlucky one but not for lack of oppertunities (big time buck fever!!)

My deer was a beautifule big fork that seemed to weigh 250lbs by the time we got him back to camp. I took my mulie on the first morning and when I started to skin him back at camp I had a genuine heartfelt disappointment........ that my hunt was over!! When I told my uncle he said "Now you are hooked for life mijo"......he was right.

Best part of all is that my daughter ,6, and wife love hunting and the outdoors just as much as I do. Just last week while driving her to school out of nowhere my daughter askes from the back of the car "Dad, when are we going hunting?"

I love my life......

:ph34r:

McCall, Id and I was 17 and had only shot a BB gun up to that point. A pretty muley doe at about 25 to 30 yards. The next year at 18 was my best year so far, a 4x4 muley and a bull elk (a beat up 4x4 probably, all the points where busted and he had 2 antler holes in him, the neck and rear). It was many years later that I got back into hunting and my desire has slowly grown. Last year a friend took me Coues hunting and the hunting flame went through the roof and into the sky. The rifle that sat around for around 10 years has completely been redone and ready to go for my late November hunt.

3X3 eastern buck up state new York 15 years old I guess I should call it a 6 pointer like they do back east

Guest borderboy

I was 14 and shot the first of two javelina that I have taken. I didn't like the meat. My first deer was at 15. It was a small mule deer - first of two. After that it was all COUES. I never looked back.

around 13 I got my first Javi...

I went on my first hunt when I was 11 and had a perfect chance at a 4x4 mulie at 80 yards but Dad couldnt see the rack!!! until it was a$$ to us and on the run...Since then I had only gone once or twice more until my mid 30s. and at the age of 38 (last year) I got my first Deer. At which time I finally forgave my father :angry: :P

Wade

• Like 1

I am ten years old and I just got my first big game animal, which was a turkey.

-Bowsniper Jr. :lol: :lol:

Here is my first....I was 10. a cool little 3x3. My Dad took me on this hunt into unit 32. From there on, I was addicted! post-2362-1271607171_thumb.jpg

I was ten. Shot my biggest sitka blacktail somewhere in the woods around Hoonah, Alaska. My wife shot her first deer in those same woods, a sitka blacktail spike fifteen years later.

My son shot his first deer when he was ten, a muley spike in 36a and my daughter got her first when she was thirteen, a four point whitetail in 33.

Thanks for bringing up good memories. That's what hunting is all about.

Brent

I am ten years old and I just got my first big game animal, which was a turkey.

-Bowsniper Jr. :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the first dirt nap. Good times! Good luck to you in the future and on future hunts!

I was 22 I think, It was the last year you could take a doe with bow and arrow. I took her in the Deserts of Yuma she was 15 yards closer than the 4x4 chasing her on January 1at. I think it was 2002