Sign in to follow this  
Guest 300ultramag.

Leaving the nest...

Guest 300ultramag.

Well after 8 years of not getting drawn Ive opted to go to the great state of Idaho for archery elk.. Just a wild hair, dont know anyone in the state dont have relatives, friends, leads, spots, etc. But Im sick of bein on the sidelines. So 2010 im leavin my home state and gonna try my luck else where... ( If I dont get drawn in AZ) Im not gettin any younger and kind of started a little late as far as elk hunting...

Dont need a spot just private/public land ratio... and if there are any horror stories that Ive yet to here about.

Pm me If you wish... Just want to know if its a complete waste of time kind of like hunting 32 where there is little to no access

The swap part ........TBD

Beau,

I got a buddy up there in southeastern idaho that owns some land and hunts elk every year. from what I can tell, they don't typically get as large up there, but you can hunt at least. he's also got a few other wilderness areas that he likes to go to that he's seen bigger bulls in upwards of 350 - 370. You can also hunt deer at the same time, so that's something to think about. I'll give him a call next month and see if he can point you in the right direction, if not let you hunt his land.

Jay

Guest 300ultramag.
Beau,

I got a buddy up there in southeastern idaho that owns some land and hunts elk every year. from what I can tell, they don't typically get as large up there, but you can hunt at least. he's also got a few other wilderness areas that he likes to go to that he's seen bigger bulls in upwards of 350 - 370. You can also hunt deer at the same time, so that's something to think about. I'll give him a call next month and see if he can point you in the right direction, if not let you hunt his land.

Jay

J,

Man you always seem to come through for me! I owe you BIG time... If and when you come to AZ again Im gonna be your taxi/guide/camp cook whatever man... you let me know! Youve done more for me then youll ever really know and I cant thank you enough.. so Its on the table an open Invite..

oh as far as size... its not an issue Ill shoot anything but a "slick head" ie. cow/doe

I work based out of Elk City, ID, not too many big bulls around here but the success rate is doggone high. The bulls here come in easily to calls and the option is open for using either a rifle or bow, most bulls go around 250-300, a few made it bigger than that range. It's thick country like Hannagan Meadows in 27 but easy draw and good hunting. Just an FYI on that area