wardsoutfitters

Big coues from the 50's

My grandfather tells me about a buck he killed in the Dos Cabez mountains in the 50’s the buck had 21 points on the right and 13 on the left he said the buck had so much mass that he had to put the metal tag on one of the points. He said when he got back to the truck he noticed the tag had fallen off, so he had to follow the drag marks back to find it. My dad was there with him on the hunt and said it was a monster. Now that he knows more about scoring he said it had to be in the high 140’s to low 150’s. Can you believe they didn’t take a single picture and my grandmother threw the antlers away during a move

My uncle found a drop skull of a buck from the north part of the chiricahua's about a decade or more back. It is also an incrediblely insane, massive monster. He is a 3x4. Every time I see that rack on his wall, it makes my innards shake. I need to get a picture of it and post it up on here.

Anyways, there must be some good genes down in that country. If where he found it would ever recooperate from the drought, I would spend more time down in that country to see if I could find some distant relatives of this buck. He is flippin' ridiculous huge. Ok, i need to stop talking about it, its making me :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Awesome stories, I couldn't imagine seeing either of these bucks.

I think Amanda should do another topic, if it already wasn't on here.

Hunt stories, or something of that, because I have tons I could post, and I'd love to hear about all our fellow hunters stories.

I saw one of the biggest deer I've ever seen in the Dos Cabezas - we saw it two days in a row and two of us shot at it at least 15 times in those two days but never got him. The next season we both invested in range finders. That use to be a great Mountain to hunt - hope it is again someday.

I have a november coues tag down there, never been there before though. maybe them genes are still around? I have been scouting the dragoons anyone know anything about dos cabezas thats willing to share?

I have a november coues tag down there, never been there before though. maybe them genes are still around? I have been scouting the dragoons anyone know anything about dos cabezas thats willing to share?

What unit is your hunt in? If I'm not mistaken the Dragoon Mtns are in 30B. I know for certain that Dos Cabezas Mtns are in 30A.

You tease