Sign in to follow this  
Codywhi

36a turkeys

I work down in 36a and today seen six turkeys any one ever seen any down here? If anyone knows got to post pic from a blackberry let me know how and I will get some pic up.

Never heard of that before!! Pretty cool!!!!

I know that there are a few 36A 'regulars' who browse here, so maybe someone with chime-in....

S.

:)

Ive spent a bit of time in 36a, never seen any turkeys, probly Gould's?

+1

Where about where they, you got me really curious!

They where down on the flats south of megge ville! South of duval mine road so my guess is they had to come from 34a but who knows they where really spokey! I don't know much about turkeys if anyone had an email I can send the pic to so you could post them for me let me know!

I got a blackberry you can send it to my phone if you use blackberry messenger just send it on that my pin

31022C76

well i know the keep introducing goulds in santa rita mountains so yay i can see them making there way down there probably. scouting for 09' whitetail hunt we saw huge bear tracks and some turkey tracks

We have indeed been releasing turkeys in the Santa Ritas, in Josephine Canyon. A few radioed birds worked their way to the southwest into the flats (a few of those died). We also have a few in Madera Canyon. Some of them must have made their way towards the riparian bottom of the Santa Cruz and then up a side canyon into 36A. I'd be very interested in a Lat./Long. or description of this location along with the classification of what kind of turkeys were there.

You all are our eyes and ears out there and I appreciate this kind of information.

JIM

This came to me today:

Tom Argyos just called and said his buddy just saw 8 turkeys cross I-19 from 36A to 34A near green valley this morning and one had a yellow tag on it.... just fyi, The yellow tag means that bird was one we released in Josephine this February.

Problem solved I guess. Let me know of any other 36A sightings.

JIM

last time i was in gardner, adobe, and hog canyon . . . there were turkey tracks but that was back in nov. they were pretty big tracks so i'm thinking the goulds that azgfd released back in the day.

ok guys sorry for the wait but hear is the pic, i took them of my blackberry so they are not that great...

IMG00032.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

Looks like a Goulds with all the white on the rump - there really isn't any other kind in SEAZ except for domestics. I got word today that there is a group of 5 turkeys in Rancho Sahuarita and one has a yellow streamer tag. Sounds like it might be the same group that crossed the highway this morning headed east. Who needs telemetry with so many observers out there!

JIM