IMG_20131105_064358_zps093b096c.jpg

IMG_20131105_064429_zpse8f15ce3.jpg

Barnes 168gr TTSX recovered from a coues whitetail. He was facing me, shot him directly in chest and found this under the hide on the flank just before the hind leg. Had to have been a good 24" penetration.

• Like 1

This past October I shot a 2x3 coues on a full run quartering away at 250 yds, just before it escaped off a flat meadow into a draw (More luck than skill). It ran (flew?) 60 yds and piled up. The 140GR .270 WSM Nozzler accubond entered between ribs, continued through vitals and was found under hide in off-side lower neck. Recovered weight was 80gr.

post-736-0-95241500-1386341900_thumb.jpg

here are mine. both 225gr from my 338 winmag. on the right is the one from last year (TSX) and on the left is from this year (TTSX)

post-3568-0-61952400-1386545033_thumb.jpg

/>here are mine. both 225gr from my 338 winmag. on the right is the one from last year (TSX) and on the left is from this year (TTSX)

What did you shoot with those beasts?

one small bull last year and one medium bull this year. last year was a shot quartering away and it was found in his neck. this year he was shot and it hit the spine and busted up some ribs and shoulder. found it under the skin on the opposite side.

here are mine. both 225gr from my 338 winmag. on the right is the one from last year (TSX) and on the left is from this year (TTSX)

Did the ttsx expand more than the regular tsx? What is the difference in the overall outside diameter of the expanded portion of the bullets?

the TTSX expanded to .7680" and TSX expanded to .7615"

pretty close, but the TTSX did expand more over all (each pedal) and is overall shorter than the TSX.

the TTSX expanded to .7680" and TSX expanded to .7615"

pretty close, but the TTSX did expand more over all (each pedal) and is overall shorter than the TSX.

Wow, those TXS' are bada$$!!

Has any have any pics of weatherby or remingtion ultra mag cal. recovered bullet pics? If so please post. I have never found any of my bullets and would like to see some.

/>Has any have any pics of weatherby or remingtion ultra mag cal. recovered bullet pics? If so please post. I have never found any of my bullets and would like to see some.

Page one of this thread. Post #5. The bullet on the right was pulled out of a dall sheep fired from a 300 RUM. 200 grain accubond.

Here is a 162gr Amax shot out of a .280AI. Hit a cow elk at about 500yds, broke a rib going in and lodged under the skin on the off side. Made a mess of the insides.

Nice! The amax is one of my favorate bullets period. Even for hunting thin skinned game.

Thanks for sharing,

M

I will post a photo later of the 175 SMK out of a .300RUM that my daughter took her elk with this year. Just under the offside skin, about halfway through it and almost out. This was the first ever recovered bullet I have found.

20141130_122100_zps275647f9.jpg

20141130_122108_zps1e61b5e4.jpg

I was really surprised at how well the Amax held up. I recovered another one that broke one shoulder joint and one shoulder blade. It looks about the same as the one I posted. This was the first time I hunted with them so I was a little concerned with how they would do.