Sign in to follow this  
Simple Hunter

Lion Rug Mounting

here are a couple of pictures of my lion. G and F said she was 10-12 years old. Half her tail is missing and she is pretty scared up from fights. Wellers Wildlife studios had hooks sown into the feet head and tail so you could hang it on the wall. But I like it in front of the TV better.

[]
post-88-0-96301400-1370357775_thumb.jpg
post-88-0-49495500-1370350759_thumb.jpg
post-88-0-54086000-1370350790_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

I put mine on the wall with the head angled down a little. Mine also had eyelets sewn into the felt so I could hang it at any angle. I assure you everyone will touch it as soon as they see it so if you want to keep it looking nice for years put it high enough so only taller people can get to it. I have 3 little ones and if they coudl reach it my lioon would be covered in Ketchup and who knows what else. Great looking rug BTW!

Awesome!!! Very nice Trophies!! Great hunting memories there!!

I have not killed a lion yet, but killed a cininmon colored black bear that squared 7 feet in New Mexico.  I had the taxidermist line the rawhide side with a thin layer if leather.  The leather on the back side does not show, only the bear's fur.  I like this much netter than having it mounted on felt.  Looks more realistic.

Jim