Poppa Cap

Magazines or books to read

Bill, is there any chance any varmint hunts with Bruce Tucker made it into the book? Bruce and his family have lived across the street from my parents for about 15 years now. I will be ordering your book and look forward to reading it.

I hunted with Bruce Tucker only once, and he called a coyote (and a big mule deer buck) in for me sometime in the late 1980s. A photo of the first coyote that I personally called in, in about 1955, is the only mention of varmint calling in the book.

PM me before you order the book.

Bill Quimby

bill, i knew that'd wake ya up. Lark.

Yep. Sure did. Thanks.

Is there a reason that the first letter in your name is the only upper case that you ever use?

Bill Quimby

mostly just lazy. about 32 years ago i messed my neck up in a fall and it did a lot of nerve damage to my arms and both my little fingers are real numb and i have a hard time finding the shift key, so mostly i just don't bother. that and i'm lazy. but i hit so hard i'm about an inch shorter than i was before the fall. my ears are almost in my collar. Lark.

I can recommend two good books, not necessarily about hunting but are related. The first is 'A sand county almanac' by Aldo Leuopold. The second is ' It was a rough road...and other Arizona Game & Fish stories' by John N. Carr, which is a series of short stories written by various people in the G&F dept over the last few decades. Enjoy, Jed

ain't you got a tv poppa? books are ok but they all them words in the way o' the pitchers. Lark.

The Bob Lee & Earl Swagger novels by Stephen Hunter, all excellent, all with a heavy firearms component.

• Like 1

Not sure if you have read any of CJ Box? He writes about a game warden in Wyoming by the name of Joe Picket. If you like Louis Lamor style books you'll like his books.

I loved Tom Saad's Kofa Kings and can't wait for his new one currently being published Desert Bighorns

I consider these books, and some of the others previously mentioned to be keepsakes. Treasured trophies, like the mounts on the wall. They are meant to be read and re-read regularly then Passed on for future generations. Kind of like an old rifle.

As for magazines...Huntin' Fool is one of my favorites that I read cover to cover every month. A little spendy, but worth every penny.

Another fan of the C.J Box novels, pretty good read. Also Super Slam by Chuck Adams is fun to read and dream about.