clb

Jaguar from az

What a Thanksgiving that guy had that year ... Awesome Pic!!!

Awesome picture! A woman that works the bar in Arivaca told me that a deer hunter in 2008 showed her a picture he had taken with his cellphone of a solid black jaguar while deer hunting then.

Awesome picture! A woman that works the bar in Arivaca told me that a deer hunter in 2008 showed her a picture he had taken with his cellphone of a solid black jaguar while deer hunting then.

was reading about jags on he net and it said that solid black jags are only found in south america not even southern mexico that photo could turn that theory upside down.

nice pic

so are there any jags left in az

was reading about jags on he net and it said that solid black jags are only found in south america not even southern mexico that photo could turn that theory upside down.

I recall reading articles that there is a gentic posibility of black cougars although getting everything right is near impossible.

"Black panthers" are spotted in Cali every once in a while near the Las Trampas Regional Wilderness. Who knows.

I have a good friend that has some farms in southern Il. and he claims to have seen the blk phase cougar at least twice on one of his places and I've never known him to exaggerate. He claimed to have watched one of those for over 20 min's as it lay in the sun so I'm inclined to believe there may be one or have been one in southern Il. around 2008.

I also think Mullins spotted a black jag while hunting in Mexico a few years back. (?)

Was once told by an old timer that used to live in the woods for months at a time that he had several encounters with a black female Jag in a remote piece of Central Az about 20 years ago... who knows if he was just jawin', but he acted like it was true.

Was once told by an old timer that used to live in the woods for months at a time that he had several encounters with a black female Jag in a remote piece of Central Az about 20 years ago... who knows if he was just jawin', but he acted like it was true.

Back in 2004 I had a buddy swear he saw a black panther in central AZ on a late November deer hunt. According to his story the cat was less than 100 yards from him in the sun for over five minutes. He had a mt. lion tag but did not shoot because he was convinced it was not a lion. We told the AZGFD ranger for the unit, but he scoffed at the notion. Now I did not see it myself, but knowing where we were at (very very remote)and knowing the location of the spot (open meadow), I believe my hunting partner. Either way.. its cool to think about

As I was working on this guys house off of Hwy 83 and Hilton Ranch rd he told me he and some of his neighbors had seen a very large black cat hanging around. After one weekend away from the house he returned to find all but one of his chickens eaten and the only sign he could find was cat tracks. He reported it to G&F and they said that they were tracking it. This was about four years ago.

I wonder how many sightings of dark/black cats could be jagurundi. I've heard from a few people face to face they have seen jags. I do believe one of them.