Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

First annual Arizona Antlerfest

Just to let everyone know, Alan and Shelly Ellsworth of Show Low AZ have opened their home to anyone interested for the first annual AZ Antlerfest on Saturday May 14th. Come and bring your best antlers of any type to share with everyone. There will be a couple measurers there for anyone that would like their sheds entered into the North American Shed Hunter Club record book. Food will be pot luck style so bring your favorite BBQ dish and drinks. Bringing a camera is a MUST!! Alan's amazing collection of world class elk and deer sheds and heads will blow your minds! You'll see the world record typical bull elk with a net score of 442 5/8" as well as the insanely monstrous set of 170" double drop-tined White Mtn Apache coues sheds. Sheds from bulls from 350-490" and dozens of coues racks and sheds from 120-140+"!!!

Here's a couple pics just to give you a hint of what you'll see, I don't want to post to many cause we want y'all to be surprised when you get there.

post-3-0-40233700-1303540507_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-60857200-1303540656_thumb.jpg

Hope you come join us!

This is going to be a phenomenal event!! If you love antlers, you need to make plans to attend. I have had the priviledge of seeing some of Alan's collection and it's amazing. Plus Jim Reynolds will be coming with some of his awesome deer. This will be a great time to endulge your passion for antlers and meet up with members of coueswhitetail.com!

Wish I could make it, with gas prices climbing I have to hold off on road trips until I find out what hunts we didn't draw for. I'll just have to hit the hills looking for sheds that day and wait/hope for the after get-together pictures. :unsure:

--Bill

I'm looking forward to it. Will need the time and exact location as we get closer.

Thanks!

Bob

Josh if it was not for Miss Amanda backing you up I would say you were going to need surgery to get Alan's boot removed from your rear for this April Fools joke. Not to mention Shelly's straight razor. That dark, mysterious mountain-cave/barn has been private invitation only for so long that big dog-'Oh My thats a big Dog'-might eat any 'guests' that wandered through the gate.

Hope you two got your stories straight....good luck Amanda-never trust the horn mafia...unless you bring beer.....

just a bump. grin.

lee

LOL!! I understand your sentiment on that! I was surprised as well...I talked to him some years ago about having a CouesWhitetail.com event at his barn.....Alan definitely wants to share his collection with other antler nuts, so let's hope the event goes great and Alan enjoys doing it so that it will continue to be an annual event!!

I encourage everyone to attend....you won't believe the antlers he has. It's worth the gas prices!

Alan has said you can show up anytime from about 7 am on. It's an all-day event, so come when you can. Either Josh or I will post directions as the time gets closer.

Wouldn't you know it, my weekend to work. :angry: :(

TJ

Josh is right, a camera is a must! I have seen this collection several times, and it is not just the antlers but the way he displays his collection that is spectacular. If you have never been blessed with an invitation, your jaw is going to drop when you walk in. Alan is a great person to know, and I know he and Shelly will be great hosts. TJ this is worth taking a day of sick leave.

LeRoy Price

Hope you guys and gals are seriously considering attending this event. Anyone that loves to collect, hunt, or just enjoys viewing antlers should see this collection. Don't forget to bring a potluck dish and your own drinks as mentioned above. Alan and Shelly are hoping for a good turnout!

post-4579-0-36807200-1304008815_thumb.jpg

Look in the shed antler section as I posted directions to Alan's house there this morning.

Here's that 170" set of coues sheds that you all will all get to see if you show up...

post-3-0-86132000-1304913765_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-79720400-1304913813_thumb.jpg

Man oh man.

I'm working that Saturday.

I can't believe the antlers that will be there!