Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeff in NM

AZ unit 27

Guest jeff in NM

Anyone have any leads for a NM resident wanting to hunt AZ unit 27 for Coues? Especially around Three-Way and the Blue River. I have hunted this unit in the past, but it has been several years. I know this is a very vague request for info., but anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

Jeff: there is a guy who comes on here a bit and MonsterMuley's. Sniper is his screen name. send him an email and I will get ahold of him. He hasnt been on the boards for a bit, but if I find anything out, I will get you two hooked up........he knows his stuff and is a genuine nice guy..........Allen........

Guest Guest_bullwidgeon

Deer density is low compared to other units and populations of coues seem to be very pocketed. If you can find a nice population hunt it because they won't move far. I have seen them from the very Southernmost part of the unit all the way to just South of Alpine. They only offer a late hunt so depending on weather the entire Northern half of the unit can be extremely difficult to hunt. The unit is so big and remote that it offers a good chance to get away into the wilderness and a chance at older age class deer as well as relativlely low hunt pressure as compared to units like the down South units.... Sniper lives there, he may have more info than I. Hope that helped a little

Bret M.

How's it going Scott? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Did you guys get your turkey? Jason took a nine inch beard on Sunday. We might go out this weekend and see if we can find one for Tito.

Later,

Tommy

www.gilawildernesshunting.com

Hey Tommy, I'm still around. Haven't had a chance to turkey hunt and I'm not sure if I will have the time. I got all my New Mexico apps mailed off and am studying the ones for Arizona a little before I put in. Are you putting in for Arizona unit 27 this year for December whitetail?

Scott

I'm thinking about it! I'll probably hit Kansas again this year but that's early Dec. I got to have something to do in late Dec. :huh: When is the dealine for AZ?

Tommy

gilawildernesshunting.com

Tommy,

AZ's deadline is June 10. Sorry, I can't help you out with unit 27 info- never hunted it, only know what I've read about it in the mags, and that ain't much.

Doug/Red Rabbit

That's alright Doug,

Scott knows that unit real well, I scouted with him last year in that unit and saw a couple of nice bucks. If I end up drawing that unit i'm sure Scott will help out. :huh: