Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Interarms 22-250

I have an Interarms 22-250 that Ive had for a bit now. I got it used and have only taken it out once on a javelina hunt. Asking $425

Thx,

Arthur

post-2727-0-66299900-1309410183_thumb.jpg

post-2727-0-15753600-1309410222_thumb.jpg

Alexandria Virginia Interarms Manchester England

I have an Interarms 22-250 that Ive had for a bit now. I got it used and have only taken it out once on a javelina hunt. Just sits in my safe and Im thinking about selling/trading it but dont know where to begin. Ive looked online and havent seen anything comparable to help me with its value. Any and all help with its value would be appreciated..

Thx,

Arthur

post-2727-0-66299900-1309410183_thumb.jpg

post-2727-0-15753600-1309410222_thumb.jpg

Alexandria Virginia Interarms Manchester England

It's completely worthless ... you should just give it to me ... :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, I'd just keep an eye out on gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, and gunsamerica.com. Even if they don't have anything on there now, they usually have some Interarms stuff. You can also compare that to the Remington 799 (I think the .22-250 is based on the same Zavasta mini-Mauser action) and the Charles Daly Mini-Mauser bolt. Prices on these may go up, as I don't think anyone is importing them anymore. Looks like you have a custom thumbhole, so you can probably get a little more than what you're seeing. Also try Backpage occasionally. It's not a number, but I hope that helps. Good luck.

the action is a full size commercial mauser that will handle any cartridge this side of a .50 browning. with no barrel and no stock its worth 350-450 to a builder.

unknown barrel but in a popular caliber so add 100 minimum.

oddball stock-oversize comb and thumbhole with a magnum recoil pad on a 22-250 is a push at best.

for coues maybe a #1 contour 280AI at 24 inches and a new stock with blind box instead of bottom metal. could come in around 5 1/2lbs and make all the short mag shooters real jealous. just me dreamin'...................

lee

similar on GB:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=238396515

In Recent years, the availability of cheap remington 700 actions has pretty much killed the value of Mausers and Mauser type actions. I had to basically give away a completely custom very well proven mauser based rifle in a mcmillian stock.

the action is a full size commercial mauser that will handle any cartridge this side of a .50 browning. with no barrel and no stock its worth 350-450 to a builder.

unknown barrel but in a popular caliber so add 100 minimum.

oddball stock-oversize comb and thumbhole with a magnum recoil pad on a 22-250 is a push at best.

for coues maybe a #1 contour 280AI at 24 inches and a new stock with blind box instead of bottom metal. could come in around 5 1/2lbs and make all the short mag shooters real jealous. just me dreamin'...................

lee

similar on GB:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=238396515

Consider me educated ... so it is the larger action based on the 98. Thought it might be the mini that they had used for so many of the smaller calibers. So it would be similar to the Remington 798, Charles Daly Full Size, or the Zavasta 98. In that case, I'd agree on the pricing that Lee is talking about ... but again, look up what is on the internet for those other brands that use the same action.

No offense, but not sure I agree with the assessment on Mauser Style Actions (that could be my love of them talking though). I know the Remy Actions are cheaper to work on, and the 'Smiths prefer them because they are easier, but the Mausers (and their kin) have their place. I have not seen a good Mauser Action on sale for less than a couple of bills ... otherwise they are old pitted military stuff that are not worth starting with. Yours looks to be in good shape, so I can't imagine the action alone would be worth less than a few hundred. In a rifle ... which looks to be in good shape ... I think you'll do alright.

Sure wish I was around when you practically gave away that gun firstcoues ... I'd have given you some bucks for it for sure ... I love Mausers and rifles based on them (can anyone say WINCHESTER???) ... just a preference thing on my part.

You were around. I sold it about 3-4 months ago.

I musta had my head buried in work...timing about right for that. Sorry I missed it. Was probably a sweet rifle from the sound of it.

If only it was accurate...

group002.jpg

Good grief ... what the heck did you get rid of it for? What caliber? Kill me and tell me it was a caliber I needed .................

Sorry for the post HiJack too SpotnStalk. Didn't mean to do that.

If I didn't already have a CZ550 Mauser in 22-250 I'd buy yours for sure. Interarms is a nice base for a custom Mauser.