Sign in to follow this  
lucky2hunt

Africa... it never leaves your system!

Your Gemsbuck is absolutely amazing. Congratulations on a phenomenal trip!

I still remember reading your story about Alaska. It was kind of an inspiration for me to go. I hope someday to go and shoot a Gemsbuck in Africa. :P

Thanks for the posts, they made me feel like I was there.

Way to go Ilene! Talk about whackin and stackin! Those are some fine trophies. Great write up and great pics. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure with us. Congrats!

-Tracy

Congratulations on your great trophies. I'm especially envious of your bushpig. They are rarely seen during the day, and I still have to kill my first after at least a dozen nights of hunting them.

Bill Quimby

Thanks everyone! Bill, the pig was a very intense hunt for sure; also little spooky sitting out the bush in the pitch dark. :blink:

Day old giraffe

post-647-0-11329200-1315233649_thumb.jpg

Waterbuck tasting the air, guides said he was looking for a date

post-647-0-71006000-1315233777_thumb.jpg

Maybe his next date..Female Waterbuck

post-647-0-20782700-1315234180_thumb.jpg

My cameraman

post-647-0-98732500-1315234299_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh this is the first time I've ever seen this post! How flippin cool!!!!! Great pics and amazing trophies! Good shots too ;) I'm headed to Africa in early August for 2 weeks to try and fling some arrows thru a few animals myself and am looking WAY forward to it! Never hunted much that didn't have antlers attached so hunting horned animals will be quite the change. Thanks for getting me pumped!!!

Thanks Josh! You are in for a real treat, enjoy ever second of it!!! Take lots of pictures then hurry back and share with us!

I'll do my best!

Good luck Josh. Can't wait to see pictures of your trip. :)

TJ

ps.....make sure you get a picture with the native women. :D

Great write up and the pictures were awesome. I got one of the African hunts from the Arizona Elk Society Banquet on Saturday. If you have any words of wisdom for getting ready for a trip I'd love to hear 'em.

Great write up and the pictures were awesome. I got one of the African hunts from the Arizona Elk Society Banquet on Saturday. If you have any words of wisdom for getting ready for a trip I'd love to hear 'em.

Did you get the first one for $1800 and for 3 hunters I believe it was or the second one for 2 hunters? Either way it was a good buy. Good luck on your hunt. Can't wait to see some pictures. :)

TJ

Ever since my trip I've been dying to go again!

That's the problem... Once is never enough!!!

Practice shooting through narrow openings. The flight over and back (21-24 hrs from Phx) is a killer - one word....... Ambien!!!!!!!

The flight is absolutely horrendous! I hated that part and I am not a great sleeper on planes so it was super difficult!