Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

Raspy the bull elk!

Well back in September of 2008 I was checking out a new area during the Elk rut. I drove to my spot and listened for bugels just as I was able to see in the early morning light. I heard a few bugels and then one that really got my attention. It sounded mature and raspy like a big bull so I decided to check this bull out. I snuck in and caught a glimpse of him and chased him for about an hour until I got a good look and some pics of him. He was an ok bull with real big 4th's. So I named him Raspy because of his distinct and unique bugle. Well I have seen Raspy every year since then and was able to find him again on Friday morning. I got to my spot and listened and he was very close so I knew I had a shot at some pics and video. He is very good at moving just as the sun starts to lighten the sky and he moves into the trees so he is very hard to get pics of and he will not come into my cow calls, he never has. I got a few blurry pics because of lighting but was able to get some good video of him before he snuck off to the trees. He is only a 5x5 this this year but I would consider him a monster bull. I feel lucky to have found him for the last 4 years and watch him develop into a big bull. I wish the pics were better so you could see how nice he is and I wish I could load video on here but I don't know how to do it or if I even have the right equipment to do it. In 2009 his right side was busted off. I hope you enjoy the story and pics anyway!

post-4217-0-45680200-1315781874_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-86488400-1315781903_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-36085200-1315782251_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-94024200-1315782891_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-62345700-1315782434_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-17498900-1315782445_thumb.jpg

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! Especially like the one of him silhouetted against the clouds.

Wow! He has awsome fourths but looks like he's a bit weak on his other tines still a beautiful bull. I love those silhouetted photos too.

Those are awesome photos. I love the photos of him on top the ridge. Those are great, good enough to go in magazines. Thanks for sharing those.