db cooper

Weird deaths!

About 20 years ago a friend and I were hunting cottontails in the cactus patches along the tracks east of Tucson when an East bound train roars by. Two or three miles down the road we find two cows and a calf that had been hit by the train. The best we could figure was that the train hit one cow and knocked it into the other cow and the calf. All three were dead but only one showed any trauma.

Thanks, Casey. If that guy continues standing in the road, and doesn't pull his truck off it, there could be more weird deaths than just that turkey on that foggy highway.

Bill Quimby

I've been lucky enough to see a Perigrine take out a dove, a Redtail take out a tweety bird, deer and antelope does put knots on coyotes heads and a Golden Eagle chasing our calves one spring, none of the calves died but the Eagle darn near did.

2008 I was hiking up a popular trail in northern az when I heard this awfull bird sqealining sound. Went on for about 10 mins and as I got closer I looked over the edge and saw this big ole bear crushing a calf elk with his paws! Moma elk was about 50 yards away going crazy calling to her calf. The bear finally killed the calf and pulled it under a big pine going to town on it! We kept on hiking as we had another 9 miles to go before it got dark .

On the last day of the Women's Javelina Hunt, last week, we had a coyote run across in front of us with a medium size javelina in it's mouth. Looked like it had just been killed. 50 yrds down the road another coyote ran in front of us with a whole deer leg and then a fox ran in front of us. This all took place within 75yrds and about 1 minute.

Tried to get the coyote to drop it so we could tag it but he had no plans on giving it up. :(

TJ

On the last day of the Women's Javelina Hunt, last week, we had a coyote run across in front of us with a medium size javelina in it's mouth. Looked like it had just been killed. 50 yrds down the road another coyote ran in front of us with a whole deer leg and then a fox ran in front of us. This all took place within 75yrds and about 1 minute.

Tried to get the coyote to drop it so we could tag it but he had no plans on giving it up. :(

TJ

Dang, You got a whole weekend's worth of action in a minute!

Thanks, Casey. If that guy continues standing in the road, and doesn't pull his truck off it, there could be more weird deaths than just that turkey on that foggy highway.

Bill Quimby

Bill, that's an awesome picture. :)

TJ

"Kinda" as a contraction of "kind of" is a valid word according to the dictionary software on my Mac. It supposedly originated in the early 20th century as an American aliteration. I'm guessing it began in southeast Arizona with someone named Lark and quickly spread around the globe.

As for posting photos, I give up. Would someone post it for me if I email it to you?

Bill Quimby

I see you already got help with this one, but you can email me anytime Bill and I can post for you.

amanda@coueswhitetail.com

This past Sept during my archery elk hunt some friends found a bunch of bighorn sheep that burned up in the Wallow fire. I went to investigate the next day and found 9 bighorn rams all torched in one area. I believe they got trapped by the fire/smoke. It looks like a nuclear bomb had gone off in that area. Very, very sad.

some pics:

post-1-0-20444700-1330786068_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-44826300-1330786205_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-22169600-1330786218_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-74027600-1330786231_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-96749700-1330786247_thumb.jpg