Sign in to follow this  
trophyhnter

Handgun Bullet Limit

Looked through the G&F regulations with regards to a round limit for handguns this past javelina HAM hunt....surely there is a limit as rifles have a limit....nope! No limit? Why? Anyone know the reasoning? I heard in the distance what sounded like an auto fire firearm during the HAM hunt and it was some yahoo in street cloth shooting at pig(s) running everywhere. Im sure it was the distance and the canyon that made it sound as if it was an auto fire but that shootout with the pigs didnt sound like careful aiming and trigger control! In the right hands most semiauto handguns can be deadly on the sink pigs or whitetails for that matter. I called in a pig to 10 yards and my friend shot with a 10mm in the lungs! In the wrong hands of the overzealous hunter(term used losely) they can wound an animal that may take days to die. I know, its up to the shooter to know their limits but one could make a case that the round limit for rifles (whatever the reasoning) sets a precedense and should be used to set a reasonable limit for handguns!

There is a bill going through the state legislature right now that would remove limits on ammo capacity.

Looked through the G&F regulations with regards to a round limit for handguns this past javelina HAM hunt....surely there is a limit as rifles have a limit....nope! No limit? Why? Anyone know the reasoning? I heard in the distance what sounded like an auto fire firearm during the HAM hunt and it was some yahoo in street cloth shooting at pig(s) running everywhere. Im sure it was the distance and the canyon that made it sound as if it was an auto fire but that shootout with the pigs didnt sound like careful aiming and trigger control! In the right hands most semiauto handguns can be deadly on the sink pigs or whitetails for that matter. I called in a pig to 10 yards and my friend shot with a 10mm in the lungs! In the wrong hands of the overzealous hunter(term used losely) they can wound an animal that may take days to die. I know, its up to the shooter to know their limits but one could make a case that the round limit for rifles (whatever the reasoning) sets a precedense and should be used to set a reasonable limit for handguns!

I'd be careful what I wished for. You might end up with something silly like a 5 round limit and then be unable to find a legal magazine for your pistols...

Mike

Not advocating a limit for handguns....just an observation of the regualtions.

Sorry, I have to call "BULLSHEEEET!" on this one. Who determines what a "reasonable limit" is and how does the amount of ammo in the magazine of a pistol determine the behavior of the shooter? The kind of person that will fire off a wild shot at any sort of game will do so regardless if they are packing a single shot T/C or a Bushmaster M4!

• Like 1

You are a Tool. Here is another guy that needs a pat on the back because he killed an animal. I like how you were able to brag about calling in a pig, the pistol caliber, shot placement, your awesome hunting ethics, all while slamming some guy using the same tools that you were, sans cammo. Oh wait, you - or your friend, must be the guys with the “right hands” so you should be allowed to use a high capacity pistol. Out of curiosity, do you have to register your hands as lethal weapons? Obviously, not your brain… Anyway, here is your pat on the back. Now leave. Why would you propose that we have a law or more restrictions against hunters? You are going the wrong way; your way of thinking will have you and your kids drinking your chai tea latte from a silly straw. With your logic, why would any more than 1 round ever be needed? I call BS on your entire post. I want your glass because my swaros aren’t cuttin it "I Heard in the distance what sounded like an auto fire firearm", the canyon was so far away and so big that it sounded like a full auto??? I have never heard of this phenomenon....but wait, you can see pigs running everywhere and bad trigger control? Oh and wait..... this hunter was wearing street cloths??? you mean people hunt without cammo? Oh, they aren’t real hunters unless they have on hard woods baby.... I bet you are the guy in the ghillie suite that I see on opening morning for dove. Just in case you didn’t hear me the first time, you are a TOOL.

• Like 2

There is a bill going through the state legislature right now that would remove limits on ammo capacity.

A Legislature that messes with hunting regulations worries me more than someone who bangs away at a herd of javelinas with a pistol.

Bill Quimby.

• Like 7

A Legislature that messes with hunting regulations worries me more than someone who bangs away at a herd of javelinas with a pistol.

Bill Quimby.

Yes Sir

Shut Your Lib ,

I think you are sitting on the fence about this issue. Could you be a little more direct and tell us how you really feel. :P

That was actually me shooting. I have an AR registered as a pistol (sans buttstock) and I always hunt pigs with a betadrum and no sights. Its a lot of fun, never hit anything though.

Maybe since it was a HAM hunt, he already shot his pig and was trying to scare them to his buddy up the canyon?

• Like 1

You are a Tool. Here is another guy that needs a pat on the back because he killed an animal. I like how you were able to brag about calling in a pig, the pistol caliber, shot placement, your awesome hunting ethics, all while slamming some guy using the same tools that you were, sans cammo. Oh wait, you - or your friend, must be the guys with the “right hands” so you should be allowed to use a high capacity pistol. Out of curiosity, do you have to register your hands as lethal weapons? Obviously, not your brain… Anyway, here is your pat on the back. Now leave. Why would you propose that we have a law or more restrictions against hunters? You are going the wrong way; your way of thinking will have you and your kids drinking your chai tea latte from a silly straw. With your logic, why would any more than 1 round ever be needed? I call BS on your entire post. I want your glass because my swaros aren’t cuttin it "I Heard in the distance what sounded like an auto fire firearm", the canyon was so far away and so big that it sounded like a full auto??? I have never heard of this phenomenon....but wait, you can see pigs running everywhere and bad trigger control? Oh and wait..... this hunter was wearing street cloths??? you mean people hunt without cammo? Oh, they aren’t real hunters unless they have on hard woods baby.... I bet you are the guy in the ghillie suite that I see on opening morning for dove. Just in case you didn’t hear me the first time, you are a TOOL.

WOW! You have too much time on your hands. I dont care for a limit of bullet for handguns just an observation of the lack of limits for handsgun verus rifles. The yahoo in street cloths propted me to look at the regs! That must have been you! My bad, wont be hunting near you again!

WOW! You have too much time on your hands. I dont care for a limit of bullet for handguns just an observation of the lack of limits for handsgun verus rifles. The yahoo in street cloths propted me to look at the regs! That must have been you! My bad, wont be hunting near you again!

It was a bit more than an observation, if you care to re-read what you posted. Time on my hands? I rarely post, and most of my posts are to call out idiotic behavior. As I have said, I do not understand what you stand to gain by bashing your fellow sportsman or the current rules. The whole cammo thing? Really? Why would cloths play into your definition of a hunter or carry any sort of clout? I never wear cammo, my dad never wore cammo, my grandad never wore cammo, but I guess they were just yahoos, but we all eat/ate very well from the game taken. If I would have seen some YAHOO, in cammo, busting out regs to talk crap about or preach their ethics or made up morals to me, you would have been on your back, so no, it wasnt me.

• Like 1