Sign in to follow this  
huntscout

Mexico Wood Pile Buck

Just got back from Mexico on a Gould's Turkey Hunt. The Vaquero that ran the cattle on the ranch we were hunting had this little ol' rack laying on his wood pile. Neat looking buck. The main beams were practically touching..... Got to love Mexico.....

2006-05-01048.jpg

holy cow that is a beast...

how did the hunt go?

It was tough. There seemed to be only one flock of turkeys on the ranch we were hunting. We worked them hard though and finally connected. I think they were the only two toms that were on the ranch. The neighboring ranches had birds, but we couldn't hunt those.... Once in a lifetime hunt for me. It was a blast.

EmailPict.jpg

Congratulations on your turkey. That coues rack is what dreams are made of. Were you in Chihuahua or Sonora ? I think Casey might be pretty close I put him just over 140. I'd take him out of the woodpile and put him on the wall.

Keven

Congratulations on your turkey. That coues rack is what dreams are made of. Were you in Chihuahua or Sonora ? I think Casey might be pretty close I put him just over 140. I'd take him out of the woodpile and put him on the wall.

Keven

We were in Sonora, about 5 hours east of Hermosillo. Not sure what he would score exactly, non-typicals are so hard to judge, but I bet he grosses over 130. I am sure the rancher would of sold the rack, but we couldn't legally bring it back across the border so we just had to shoot some pictures and enjoy holding it...

Congrats on the bird! That is an awesome Turkey photo you got there as well! That skull is amazing to say the least, tricky pic though for size comparison, but it looks huge compared to whats left of the attached skull! You got any other pic's of it? Thanks, JIM

Great lookin tom, congrats :unsure:

That rack ain't to shabby either :unsure:

Congrats on the bird! That is an awesome Turkey photo you got there as well! That skull is amazing to say the least, tricky pic though for size comparison, but it looks huge compared to whats left of the attached skull! You got any other pic's of it? Thanks, JIM

I just took the one shot. Should have taken more, but I was too busy thinking about turkeys...