Lance

6TH ANNUAL CWT.com MARSHALL LAKE GET-TOGETHER

TJ, the Flagstaff AZGFD office has the CNF maps, so I picked one up. The 128B road that leads to fischer point (the one we were on 2 years ago) is open with 100' camping.

The area we camp is set up for camping within 300 ft of the center of the little road. We all camp well withen that 300' anyway so no problem. And if they close the forest we will all camp out at my house! There is plenty of room for evereyone to camp at my place so we will still have the get-together even if the forest if closed! :)

Lance

post-669-0-21426400-1338593020_thumb.jpg

Kolin and I are planning on being there.

Looking forward to seeing you and Kolin again. Come and camp out this year. :)

TJ

Lance, I texted you about Sam, Kenna and I attending but maybe this is the place to be official. We're looking forward to it.

Debbie, I'm so excited to hear that! I cant wait! I'll be sure to have some more great bull pics for you! Maybe some buck pics too!

Lance

Lance, I sent you a pm. My work schedule changed today and it doesn't look good that Peg & I will be able to make it. We aren't happy with the situation but it's nothing we can control. If something changes I will let you know. We are bummed! :(

TJ

TJ, Sam and I are disappointed by news you and Peg won't be able to attend. Hopefully something will change to allow you to attend.

Being this is our first year attending and we are not familiar with the lake area, I have a few questions for those who have prior experience.

-We are going to go up on Thursday. Is there a place at the lake we should or should not camp?

-Where about on lake will things be happening? We'd hate to camp right in the middle of everything.

-What time do things usually get started?

-Can we help in some way? Please let us know.

Hopefully these are questions other newcomers have too.

Lance will likely be set up on the 128B road, about 0.2 miles off the main road. The 128B is before one gets to the opening of Marshall Lake. Marshall is likely not a lake or pond right now, as it was very low when I was there a few months ago. Any boating or fishing willl have to be at Upper Lake Mary or Ashurst.

Maybe Lance will post when he will be set up out there and what his vehicle will look like.

I have not heard any rumors of a forest closure for the CNF.

Can we try to set up a bit further back in this year where the trees are a little thicker for more shade. We have set up there in the past. David

My family and I will be headed up on Thursday. We're looking forward to saying goodbye to the Tucson heat for a few days. Any tips for fishing at Mary or Ashurst? We're hoping to catch more than a sunburn.

Looking forward to meeting a few more folks from the site.

Looks like a few people will be out Thursday night. I'll try to get our trailer out there on Thursday. Some help with some signs would be great again this year Doug. thanks bud!

Darin Choat from Western Whitetail Magazine will be giving a presentation during dinner time on Friday night.

Youth Elk Calling Champion Weston Crowther will be giving an Elk Vocalizations seminar and lessons for the youth on Saturday around lunch time so be sure you bring grunt tubes for your kids!!!!

Lance

Lance, unfortunately we have to work this Friday and wouldn't get there till everyone's asleep, and mostly cause our critter sitters went to Vermont last Sunday for couple weeks.

My apoligies to you and your family for me not being better prepared for this sooner and if this has created any issue on Fridays meal.

If there is someone from this site that is going up Beeline SR87 Thursday or Friday evening we could handoff some sweet corn for them to deliver for the occasion.

Dan