twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

So I'm sitting at home studying for an exam coming up this weekend and one of my huntin buddies calls me up and the conversation goes like this.

ring...ring..

Me "Hey whats up man"

Buddy "just callin to see what's up"

Me "studying, you?"

Buddy "driving home, hey you mind sending me the names of the waterholes you have your cameras on in (insert elk unit here) with those big bulls you sent me pics of" Here comes the best part. "I've got a guy at work with the same tag and I told him I knew where some good bulls are"

Me, long pause "sure i'll email you" pause, not!!!!!

So this one buddy of mine is always probing for info and trying to scam in on my spots but never willing to spend his own time and money scouting or doing the hard work it takes to increase your odds of success. So lets here it, what are some things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts but ya love em anyway.............

• Like 2

Doesn't sound like a buddy I would keep close. Sounds more like an acquantince. I have a few buddies, not close, but close enough that I have helped out in the past with javelina. Then I hear that (friends name) took another guy to HIS spot and got him a javelina. Funny how you can show a guy a spot and if he has not had very much success before hand, it will not become his go to spot. I guess I can not blame a guy. If I had been hunting for years with no luck, and then you go out for 2 hours and you are tagged out, why go anywhere else. None the less, I still help out and am just very careful where I take him.

My hunting buddy is dead. I now hunt alone,so I don't have anyone to drive me nuts. LOL

I learned along time ago to never,ever, show anyone my hunting hotspots.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mmmm well with me is different......I hate when I call my buddies or people from here and tell them that if they come with me and I take them to where the big bucks are and they dont @$% believe me!! But yea...I still love them! .......well, so far 3 of them did believe me and they did great! :)

Ernesto C

There are few that know where hunt and few I help....What really gets me is when someone says " yeah I'll be at your house at 4am ready to go" and you wait around no phone calls, not answering his phone and you waist time. and find out he stayed out to0 late and didnt get up. another waisted morning, I'll have some beers but man up and give me a call that your not going to make it.

• Like 8

Always late and never has time to help scout for the hunt but is always willing to hunt the areas I have spent time and money on to scout. But darn it he is a great friend so we still hunt togather.

Day 6 of the hunt and my hunting buddy is wearing all my clothes cause he is out, also borrowing my extra pair of gloves, usually lost between day 1and 3. That being said I would not want to hunt with anyone else.

• Like 1

Took a friend hunting once. Drove 2 hours to our area, and he realized he forgot his tag at home. The second time I took him, I was tio pick him up at 5:00 a.m. Beat on his door, on his windows, and here he is sleeping in bed. That was the last time I ever hunted with him

• Like 1

Limited hunting experience and complains 2 hours in that we aren't seeing anthing (this is in the desert...), says he has a tripod but won't use it, shift spots later and pull into a camp spot and he says "there ain't spit in here I'm gonna go drive the roads." 200 yards from camp tons of sign and I chased 3 different bucks the day after he left after a whole 1.5 days he set aside for hunting. 1st text 3 months later is asking me for my gps coords up north for fall hunt. I was trying to help the guy out but I think his expectations were far from reality.

Driving in the truck incessantly...seeing what is away from the roads is a major reason I hunt. It forces me to be in places others humans will never see.

• Like 3

I got a buddy that will give me the shirt off his back if I was cold, I need anything, he's there, only one question asked, "where".

BUT....

Very slow walker up the hill in the am (not really fair to him, I am taller and I got a loooog stride) but on the return trip, he's like a horse to barn! Lol, beats me back to the truck every time, lol. Great guy though, and puts in the work when it comes to scouting. Plus, he's hardly ever late! (in his defense, she WAS pretty hot....)

Have a friend who insists on listening to the Top Gun Soundtrack the entire 1.5 hour drive to our hunting area . Nedless to say , I always drive when I hunt with him now (for my own safety) to prevent me from jumping out of the truck !!!

Being late and whining about steep hikes. I took a buddy once right after high school and by noon he was whining the hills are too steep, its too hot, there are no deer, blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah and when they have to call and "check in" 6 times a day.

• Like 1