Sign in to follow this  
trophyhntr

Sheds

Raghorn

thats some awsum country. I spent almost every other 4 days in that west of big springs to east of the 12a border from 1982-1987 including winters, summers sprngs and the entire archery season I hunted from 2 weeks before start to 1 week after all on vacation( I had a 4 on 4 off schedual ). lots of back packing.

I almost went to work for the saw mill up in ferdonia in 84, good thing i didnt they shut down they shut down shortly after.

I havent been to that area since around 2008. been trying to get a 12west archery tag since they started archery draw, however always end up with a 13a 12b or 13b rifle tag( i think ive gotten 4 or 5 tags rifle tags since 1998 up there ;)

I was new to the super fast small dia cals at that time(dave jerry and kevin over at randalls got me into those pdog plinkers years and years ago). I always used a .300 winmag .308 243 or 270.

all my hunting cals I use nosler ballistic tips since they 1st came out with them still shoot them in the neck and have absolutely no problem I still have 4-5 25-06's too but mostly use .243 and .300 winmag anymore.

• Like 1

I talked to g&f awhile back about this. I have a 4 point Coues that I found. Whole skeleton bleached out with a arrow laying through the neck. It's back in a spot where it won't be found unless I'm unlucky so I figured I'd give them a call. The officer I talked to said the system is archaic and they are trying to move to a better way of doing things. I asked if I could get a officer to come out and write me a tag for this critter and he said good luck. The message that came through to me is if I keep quiet and don't try to sell or make a big racket over these things there will be no problems. He did say that that was his thoughts and other officers could be more difficult.

Anyways I'm headed back down there soon to get my 4 point.

Raghorn

thats some awsum country. I spent almost every other 4 days in that west of big springs to east of the 12a border from 1982-1987 including winters, summers sprngs and the entire archery season I hunted from 2 weeks before start to 1 week after all on vacation( I had a 4 on 4 off schedual ). lots of back packing.

I almost went to work for the saw mill up in ferdonia in 84, good thing i didnt they shut down they shut down shortly after.

I havent been to that area since around 2008. been trying to get a 12west archery tag since they started archery draw, however always end up with a 13a 12b or 13b rifle tag( i think ive gotten 4 or 5 tags rifle tags since 1998 up there ;)

I was new to the super fast small dia cals at that time(dave jerry and kevin over at randalls got me into those pdog plinkers years and years ago). I always used a .300 winmag .308 243 or 270.

all my hunting cals I use nosler ballistic tips since they 1st came out with them still shoot them in the neck and have absolutely no problem I still have 4-5 25-06's too but mostly use .243 and .300 winmag anymore.

Pics of the bucks from all those strip tags?
  • Like 1