Sign in to follow this  
Tines

GIANT bull down!!

A huge congrats to Ryan Owens on taking this amazing bull! It's been quite the roller coaster ride for everyone involved and from what I hear, there couldn't be a more deserving hunter. Now THAT'S refreshing! I wasn't there so I'll share what details I know but I got the information from Ryan Sandal who helped Ryan take the bull today.

Ryan shot this bull in his bed at 60yds. The bull was quartering away and he put a perfectly placed arrow through his vitals. The bull didn't go far at all and a short time later, Ryan and everyone involved were standing over this goliath of a bull.

That's the very condensed version. There was much celebration and tears throughout the journey.

A short history (from what I recall) of this bull that Lance named "LAB".

For at least 4 years, Lance and TLO guides Ryan Sandal and Ben Sandal have been watching LAB grow old......and big....then REALLY BIG! "LAB" stood for "leans a bit". There's more history with why he chose THAT specific name but I'll save that for Lance. 4 years and many pictures and video later, someone can finally put their hands on him.

UNOFFICIALLY, he's 435 1/8" gross and 414 5/8" net. Regardless of that, or how many inches he will officially score, Ryan seems to be one of the most deserving and humble hunters you'd ever meet. As you get the entire story, you'll see why.

Those few that need to be congratulated are Ryan Owens, of course, Ryan Sandal, Ben Sandal and Lance Crowther. And a huge honor it is to everyone involved to experience such an amazing animal on the hoof and in their hands.

Enjoy!

The first live pic was a couple of yrs ago. The last two are a couple of weeks ago.

Here's also a short video clip of LAB from 4 yrs ago standing next to Tilt. LAB's on the right, obviously. Sorry for the poor quality. We're having a difficult time finding the original footage. We'll get it up asap.

post-500-0-86473500-1348033758_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-70042800-1348033765_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-86124200-1348038298_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-11418400-1348038307_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-28694600-1348038315_thumb.jpg

what unit did this come out of?

I'll never understand how this can be the first thought/question on someone's mind before a congratulations to the hunter.

40A

congratulations on the Toad of Toads!!!!.... and to all involved...WOW.. Ryan, Im sure that grin on your face is going to be permanent!

Congrats to Ryan, the outfitters, and all othes involved! AWESOME bull. Not sure the name "LAB" (Leans A Bit) requires an explanation. I'd "Lean A Lot" if I were lugging that rack around.