Sign in to follow this  
RogerS

Brand New CWT.COM sticker - STOLEN!!

So I just put this sticker on my truck, took a picture to post on the forums but didn't get around to it. Leaving for an early coues hunt in one day. This afternoon, the sticker was stolen! (along with my truck).

Truck is kinda big. Up until two weeks ago it had 38x15.50x20 Toyo M/T's. Dropped down to new 35x12.50's.

If you happen to see it around please call it in to the police. (lost a rather new pistol in the deal too)

Just spent $1500 in new tires, and replaced both front cv axles......two weeks ago. Bummer it happened right before the hunt.

mytruck_zpsd692b806.jpg

mytruck2_zps3a81fd95.jpg

Thanks!

Roger

Holy crap that blows! Where are you located? A bunch of us will be in the southern units in case ur truck was stolen by illegals we will see it by the border this weekend

Holy crap that blows! Where are you located? A bunch of us will be in the southern units in case ur truck was stolen by illegals we will see it by the border this weekend

I live in Maricopa. The truck was stolen from our security patrolled parking lot at work in Tempe. I can see my truck from my desk window. I think I reported it to the police fairly quickly. There are fake cameras in the parking lot and lots of people. No broken glass and it disappeared around lunchtime when the parking lot is rather busy. Whoever stole it was fairly good at what they do.

I own the truck outright, there is no lien that could have gotten screwy.

I do have full coverage, but I'll never come close to getting back the 8 grand in parts I have on the truck. My policy caps aftermarket accessories at 2 grand. Sometimes I wish I could just leave my vehicles stock, but I never do. It's a sickness.

Thanks for the truck!! Just Kidding! Ill keep my eye out for it!!!

Thats a nice truck man and a darn shame! A buddy of mine's truck got stolen 3 weeks ago out of the UA gym parking lot in the middle of the day. Found it in a wash near 34a two days later, after seeing his taken I recently put an ECM ground kill switch on my truck, even if they break in and put a screwdriver through the tumbler its not going to start without ECM power, the starter will crank, but no plug and play.

Wow, that's terrible! and what tragic timing right before your hunt!

Glad you have insurance. But a real bummer it doesn't cover all your upgrades. Ouch!

I guess those thieves didn't know you can get a CWT sticker for free from me! LOL! :)

Ill keep an eye out! shoot on site?

Indeed, Dead or Alive.... more reward money if dead hahaha

Man I am sorry! I can relate! I had my Jeep Cherokee (which probably costs now what those tires cost you! But for convenience sake was priceless) stolen about a month and a half ago right out of our apartment complex in Mesa. It had a big ol sticker on the back of it too so maybe its PETA or something! I was scheduled to hunt with my brothers the second week of October and two weeks away from my wife having our first baby so it also wasn't good timing! We had the baby, we went on the hunt, and I had just about written it off as a loss because it was not fully insured. Last Thursday I get a letter in the mail from the MVD that my jeep had been found and towed, 3 days after it was stolen. It was not stripped and in working order other than the broken window and popped ignition. The police had not notified us, which is a little frustrating, but we got it back. So have hope! I feel your pain.

As pissed as everyone gets about people stealing game cams including myself, I can't imagine my truck especially after all the work that was just done! Sorry to hear that and my eyes are open.

Truck found. Thieves tried to scratch off the CWT sticker, but it defeated them and they gave up.

20121025_125029.jpg

There are actually two sets up lug nuts on each wheel, one on the inside and one on the outside...so they could get these crappy wheels to fit.

20121025_125045.jpg

They took my battery too and replaced it with a piece of crap to drive it the dump site (7th ave and broadway). Damaged lots of plastic panels inside.

20121025_125058.jpg

And of course took my stereo stuff, pistol, and misc. other things. Left my car seats for the kids though!

20121025_125104.jpg

Now to deal with the insurance company! USAA has been great, let's hope that continues.

Oh, and we came back empty handed from our coues hunt. My buddy missed his buck (4 times). I had one shot lined up on a buck and doe playing peek a boo behind a tree with the sun going down. Doe kept coming out, but the buck apparently could feel my crosshairs because he stayed behind that tree (stared at it for well over an hour until dark). Had a good time though and forgot about my truck problems.