coues krazy

2013 elk recomendations

123456, just one more AZGFD lover huh? Everything Packer said has to be fact right? because he is part of the love affair and would never lead you astray. I found it funny that when I mentioned cutting juniors hunts and the department one of the first things said by Packer was that the department wouldn't lose money. They would just find some other place to slay 25 deer that they don't need to. They would never imagine losing a little bit of money like I mentioned earlier. THAT"S A FACT. Agreed AZKiller, I have seen and heard of this many times. Game and fish informants getting tags for information given, big wigs getting tags just because of who they are. My dad had a friend in the early 90's who turned out to be a Game and Fish informant and before the draw even came out he told my dad he was getting an Early rifle bull tag along with a strip tag. Guess what tags he had when the draw came out? Early rifle bull and a strip tag. Hmmm. . . just more and more things every year I hear and see about the Game and Fish that make me dislike them and not trust a thing they do. While others here can't seem to stop worshiping them.

Obviously you will not believe what I have to say but I will say it once again. It is not about money but about maintaining a certain Buck:Doe ratio. If Jr's aren't killing deer then the department would have to allocate more tags to the general hunt to satisfy that same harvest and maintain the ratio within guidelines. Since you don't trust me I don't expect you to believe that but maybe someone will find some value in my comment.

Aaron

Cut Junior tags??? Good call, Lets make sure that the youth of our nation, never get a tag when they are young. Lets make sure that they are not interested in hunting at a young age. I think every junior ought to be given a tag on their first application for deer or elk. If there are too many juniors applying, just take some tags out of the general pool to satisfy the youth quota. Not worshipping them here, just not ignorant to todays' challenges. You keep on hating them and I will keep on loving them. I will get my tags because they give tags to guys that worship them, and you will get nothing.

Well my first and best idea, (according to all of you AZGFD lovers) would be to simply move the juniors hunts to a different area out of a trophy unit. Because according to you AZGFD lovers it's not about killing. It's just about getting out there and enjoying the great outdoors. How come suddenly this isn't a good idea? They expect us adults to hunt around in those areas with no animals, so what's the difference? Might as well get the youth ready for what they are gonna get once they turn 18. Since most people here aren't really concerned about killing anything, going off of what you have said in earlier posts, it seems like putting juniors in units like 4B and the 2's would be perfect. They could get out and enjoy the great outdoors and have a grand old time. They could get drawn every year even! That should please all of you guys with that point of view about quantity of tags over quality of tags. Suddenly that doesn't sound like such a good idea does it? If it doesn't make sense for the youth why does it make sense for the adults?

And no worries, I'm not worried about not being drawn because I dislike them. I have disliked them for years and have had plenty of tags and will continue to dislike them. I have no problem letting them know about it either.

Aaron, that's my point. Your guidelines call for killing WAY to many elk and deer. You can ask any hunter in the white mountains how ridiculous they think it is that throughout the year there are over a thousand elk tags throughout all the hunts in nearly every unit. And nearly 500 deer tags throughout the year in 3C. I don't know where you guys get the guidelines from, I'm guessing since you boys went to some school and got a biology degree you suddenly know all about it. (Don't try and come back and say this taught you anything about taking care of managing animals better than other people because I'm at ASU in my 4th year getting my biology degree also.) My point along with many other peoples points is you are killing way to many animals which is bringing the quality of the hunts down. Nothing more nothing less. So when I talk about cutting tags in some hunts you simply say that they will add them to another hunt in that unit. It's inconceivable to actually lower the guidelines, cut back on tags, and let more animals live right? That would be horrible! Not as much money for you guys! I can't imagine the pain you guys feel just thinking about getting less money from us.

bonecollector777 and AZKiller...I love the conspiracy stories...keep them coming...they're hillarious.

So, the "big wigs" are willing to risk a felony fraud charge by helping to fix the draw? And, risking that NO ONE involved at the process at AZGFD will notice, or won't be willing to blow the whistle on them? RIIIGGHHHT.

Instead of spreading made up stories on the internet, why don't you try learning how things work in the real world. I'm guessing that even up in the White Mountains you can find classes on biology, accounting, and basic civics/government.

And bonecollector....I'll take Packers YEARS of experience on the ground over your partial ASU biology degree any day.

• Like 1

bonecollector777 and AZKiller...I love the conspiracy stories...keep them coming...they're hillarious.

So, the "big wigs" are willing to risk a felony fraud charge by helping to fix the draw? And, risking that NO ONE involved at the process at AZGFD will notice, or won't be willing to blow the whistle on them? RIIIGGHHHT.

Instead of spreading made up stories on the internet, why don't you try learning how things work in the real world. I'm guessing that even up in the White Mountains you can find classes on biology, accounting, and basic civics/government.

And bonecollector....I'll take Packers YEARS of experience on the ground over your partial ASU biology degree any day.

Glad we could humor you ugly. . I'm not saying the big wigs had to risk anything. Not hard to get away with it when the ones involved in the draw at the department are the ones helping people get the tags. You honestly don't think it's very easy for them to get someone a tag if they want? They are the almighty Game and Fish remember? They can do what they want. .

Congratulations, you actually said one thing that made sense. We do have biology, accounting, and basic civics/government.

And of course you will take what Packer says as true. He is from the AZGFD, they are never wrong! :) Keep believing everything the department feeds you. That's what they want. And looks like you're taking it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm not sure what your view on the subject is bowhunter81? You haven't really said anything about the subject besides giving a +1 to a post with people with different opinions. Not saying you have to agree or disagree with what I'm saying, just trying to figure out where you stand.

Since you don't seem to grasp that there are multiple uses on the public land concept, I will give you an assignment ...Go stop by a couple ranch houses up in your area and ask the rancher if AZGFD is giving out too many tags.

Of course they will say no, because of their cattle. Which once again, ranchers are a very small number of people that AZGFD tries to make happy. If they are "out to make the majority happy" why do ranchers have such a big say in it? Oh wait maybe because it makes AZGFD more money! Explained. .

bc777 did you have tag soup for breakfast????

James

This post cracks me up. 2013 elk recommendations sure got spun way out of control. You can never make everyone happy, sorry facts of life.

• Like 1

This post cracks me up. 2013 elk recommendations sure got spun way out of control. You can never make everyone happy, sorry facts of life.

that's for sure!

James

Did you guys not read anything on this post? That's what this whole thing is about. How AZGFD is giving too many tags in certain hunts, or in others views they are doing just fine. And the arguments as to why they are or aren't. So don't come on to a post and read the 2 or 3 posts on the last page and start making stupid comments that have nothing to do with anything.

Hehe never can make everyone happy like I said and nice Buck 777 sweet droptine. Btw have read the whole thread like I have all the threads on this amazing site.

So don't come on to a post and read the 2 or 3 posts on the last page and start making stupid comments that have nothing to do with anything.

Except that the whole thread is filled with stupid comments...mostly from people who seem to think they are full of wisdom beyond their years.