Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Blue Ridge High Looking for Another State Championship

21-7 at halftime, Seton has a nice lead.

One thing Blue Ridge does very well is make adjustments at half-time, but coming into the second half down by two touchdowns is going to be a real uphill battle. Seaton is playing very well on both sides of the ball, and while BR had a great scoring drive their first possession, Seton done a good job of containing our offense.

Here's hoping!

I played for coach Moro back in the day ('87 - '88). We took state my Jr. year, lost to Parker my Sr. year in the simi-finals.

Now my kids are playing. Matt, my oldest is a DE & TE just like I was. He's a freshman. Nick, my middle son plays QB at the 8th grade level, and my youngest son, Josh played QB and 4Back at the 5th/6th grade level.

It's gonna be awesome to watch these kids continue to play.

BR football rocks.

Hey coach, tough loss for blue ridge,didnt see that comming,but setons passing game was on, me and son have gone up to the dome for the last three years to watch the champonship games.He is a sophmore at camp verde high,he plays qb.

Hey coach, tough loss for blue ridge,didnt see that comming,but setons passing game was on, me and son have gone up to the dome for the last three years to watch the champonship games.He is a sophmore at camp verde high,he plays qb.

Next year for the cowboys. My boy played corner until his grades dropped. All a's until football then the grades went down. Grades first, football second. He will be a stud next year. Focus son......

Thanks guys and I wish the very best for your boys. Coues Krazy, I totally agree, grades first then football. I hope to see him play someday, and your son, glassitup.

Awesome journey, this whole raising kids thing. Seeing them do better than you did is probably the best gift a man can ask for. Already my sons are way better hunters, atheletes and scholars than I was, and showing real maturity when it comes to the pitfalls that consume so many at that age.

Thanks guys and I wish the very best for your boys. Coues Krazy, I totally agree, grades first then football. I hope to see him play someday, and your son, glassitup.

Awesome journey, this whole raising kids thing. Seeing them do better than you did is probably the best gift a man can ask for. Already my sons are way better hunters, atheletes and scholars than I was, and showing real maturity when it comes to the pitfalls that consume so many at that age.

Coach, you have no idea how right you are. My youngest just finished his senior year of football a few weeks ago. He had a great season and was awarded as the defensive player of the year, as well as scoring 12 touchdowns on the offensive side of the ball. He is a better athlete, and a better hunter than I ever was. He is not interested in pursuing some of the college requests he has received from recruiters. He has baseball in the Spring then he will be done with competitive sports. It gives me a lump in the throat just thinking about it.

Watching my three kids play sports all their lives has been a huge part of our family activities...I will always cherish those times, but wonder if I will be able to fill the hole once those days are over.

I would love to meet you boys someday, they sound like great kids. Enjoy every minute, they pass so fast.

Wow, Pinedonkey. I'm right there with you buddy. It would be great to meet you and introduce our kids. It sounds like I'm a couple years behind you, as I'm about to watch all three go through High School. So much of our lives have revolved around their sports, it's easy to see what you mean about filling that hole later. To be honest, that still feels so far away with my oldest as a freshman, my youngest in 5th grade...

But I can remember when I my middle son, Nick couldn't catch a football, baseball or wadded up socks if tossed to him underhand. I used to joke to my wife how he had better be smart because sports weren't going to be his thing. Now he's as tall as me, can catch anything I throw at him and outpass me all day long. And he's one heck of a 1st baseman and lead his league on homeruns last year. Then played QB in football, still getting all A's in school and getting into wresting - somthing I wasn't tough enough for. And his little brother is following him every step. It's going to be a journey for sure.

They're all cursed with the "Jones" genetics. All tall and very thin. We don't have that typical "mountain boy" cowboy build. But I'm shoving the calories down 'em and trying to work out with them, lol. It's just a good time to be a dad and watch them grow.