COOSEFAN

How Rare Is This!!! Never dreamed I'd get one!

Really cool trophy! Ive seen some whiteish old ones but never like that! Thats going to be a cool mount!

That's flippin awesome Jim! I actually have seen a couple white javi's - we hunted Coues near Arivaipa canyon a hunrded years ago when I was a kid, and I think there was a albino genetic in there. We saw one or two 3 years in a row on the south face of Black Butte. Few were just pale, but a couple were really white like that one. A buddy of mine said a ranch in MX had one, but the rancher wanted 2k for it! He even re-wrote the hunting contract to include a "trophy fee of $2,000 for any white javelina" ;) Can't wait to see yours fully mounted.

I also remember back in the mid 80's a friend of mine named Stan archery killed one out near Peralta road.

Awesome!

That is just so rare.

Very fine trophy that is and it will make a phenomenal mount.

Congratulations Jim on realizing one of your dreams.

Nice.

I've seen a couple over the years, the last one was in 17a, big old sow with a little red. I spoke with a couple biologists from G&F and they said it is not that unusual due to in-breeding within the herd, took their word for it.

Amazing, a true trophy to be proud of, hopefully there's someone else out there hoping to see an albino javi someday too ;)

DAN

Thats really cook Jim!

I am surprised no one has brought this up:

"I'll throw a pic in here to illustrate how crazy white this dude is compared to normal pigs"

YES, YOU ARE A LOT WHITER THEN THE PIGS!

LOL! That was a good one Casey, gotta hand it to ya, you finally made a funny.....and one that was actually funny!

Thanks for the replies!

I forgot to mention that this herd of pigs was huge and there were pigs everywhere. I was so focused on this white pig that according to my Mexican friend I didn't notice there was a 2nd white pig that came running out of the canyon with the rest of the herd after I shot mine! I would bet that whenever you have a sow or a boar with that albino gene, they probably produce white babies often. It's I'm sure very rare for them to survive while young and not able to defend themselves.

I've hunted all the ranches surrounding this ranch every year for years and this was the 3rd time hunting this particular ranch and I've never seen an albino Javi in that area but it's vast and thick. This pig was fairly old and at least middle aged. One thing I didn't expect was feeling a little sad that I took out something so rare, almost like I killed an endangered specie, but the fact is, it's just a freak stink pig and I'm going to admire it for the rest of my life! Plus, my Mexican friend swears there was another one in the herd so that is really cool!

Thanks again all! JIM>

Congrats on your trophy. Think seeing something like that would be the only reason I would feel like shooting a javelina again... :)

You could even put pink lipstick on whitey, there is no way I will ever touch one again.

Congrats