Sign in to follow this  
Lance

Ron's Big Dec Buck!

DSC01386+-+Copy+%25282%2529.JPG

DSC01392+-+Copy.JPG

DSC01395+%25283%2529.JPG

DSC01406.JPG

DSC01410.JPG

TLO was blessed to be able to hunt with Ron Wood during his unit 7 Rifle hunt and we were able to take this great tall and heavy buck! Ron shot this buck in his bed with my 7mmRUM at 642 yards while I videoed! Congrats on a great buck Ron! Glad we could make some memories with you!

View the full article

I think it is a good buck, but setting back 10 yds from the deer and getting the camera right up on the antlers makes it deceptive. Would like to see a normal picture of this buck.

• Like 3

The hunter is setting right next to the deer in every picture with his legs against the deer and i always have the hunter set where they can place their hand on top of the shoulder of the animal so that anyone wanting to make the "setting 10 ft or yards behind" assumption can look closely and see for their self exactly where the hunter is setting compared to the animal. Just because he doesn't have bloody hands around bloody antlers with the deers bloody nose pointing straight into the camera with the tongue hanging out and the hunter setting on top off a gutted bloody deer in the back of a truck doesn't mean it's a deceiving picture. Most would say it's a beautiful, professional and classy picture that shows off the animal respectfully . We put a lot of time into those pictures getting the deer to set just right on the step hill in deep snow. Clearing snow for the hunter to sit. Removing bloody snow and blood from the animal. Pulling grass and obstructions and capturing the beauty of the landscape. He is a big old heavy tall buck with a big old heavy body all swollen up for the rutt . sorry if it offends any one, but those pictures are as good, respectful, clean and classy as it gets....

• Like 7

Great job with the pictures, I have no problem with taking pictures that make the animal seem larger than it is, that's the goal isn't it :) When I first clicked on the post I thought it was an elk. Any way you want to argue, that is one fantastic animal. Congrats.

Congratulations!! Personally, I like when people experiment with different photo setups....These look great, thanks for your hardwork setting them up!! Makes for more interesting looking pics.

Good buck...yes the photos are deceiving...in a good way. I always just block out the hunter in my mind and compare the antlers to the deer's head and ears if i want to see just how big the deer is. You can still have a cool looking picture and be able to decipher the image if you want to get an actual size of the animal. I appreciate a good picture when people take time to prepare the pic and make sure the tongue is away and blood is removed.

Thats a goodlookin buck. Ive never seen any hills that big in unit 7. But ive also never seen a buck that big in 7unit so mabee ive been lookin in the wrong places altogether. Either way congrats to the hunter.

Guest 300ultramag.

awesome buck!

if your going to rip someone on pictures go after all the guys that do photos on there tailgates!!! doesnt anyone listen to doug!!!!!!!

Yes, just compare the horns to the head. Personally, I'd like to point out those awesome eyeguards! =) I think this buck came off the peaks or at least higher up cause his antlers are darker and he had loads more fat than the resident bucks in that area.

Sweet buck you guys get it done..not my favorite photos seem too exaggerated..

• Like 1

Beauty, congrats to the hunter and TLO! You guys are gett'n it done for sure!!!

Thanks for posting the pics, and letting us know how you guys did on your hunt. It is nice to get an update on how some of those new december rifle hunts went for deer.