Sign in to follow this  
gbocardo

Thoughts on Cabelas 12x50 Euros

Looking to buy the Cabelas 12x50 Euros due to getting them for a great price. I am not willing to dish out the money on Swaros or Leica right now so was looking for any feedback on the Euros. Reviews I have been reading seem pretty good but one concern was Fogging due to one review. Does anyone have any info on these binos.

I cannot speak for the Cabela Euro's, but I recommend the Vortex HD series binoculars. They are great glass at a reasonable price, and carry an outstanding warranty.

I don't know anyone who has a pair. Just my luck I'd be one of the unlucky hunters who ended up with a pair fogging up. You can always rent high end glass for a week during the hunt and you will have confidence in the gear and won't be second guessing it or loosing sleep over it.

You're half way to alpha glass $$$. Keep saving for awhile and you'll get there.

Buy once, cry once. :)

The swaros are just the best and I've heard great things about the vortex, just remember, buy nice or buy twice!

I have both 12 x 50 and 10 x 42 for the last 5 years. We have compaired them against the ski's and others, and would put them very close to the higher optics, I would highly recommend them, plus a lifetime warrenty. The good news is take them out if you don't like them, take them back. I think for what your going to spend, you can have 2 pairs of each size for price of one.

I think for the money there isn't a better pair binos. They aren't the swarovision of even the older el's but I can't tell a difference between the neu slc(non hd) and the euro's. I have a couple pair of different vortex and haven't used them since I purchased the euro's. They are clearer and brighter than the vortex in my opinion. But like stated earlier go test them out. Everyone's eyes are different.

I love mine and feel no need for swaros.I sold my 15s when i wanted to buy a gun and picked up the euros a year later till i could save more money long story short i like the 12 euros better.The fov lets is great and they are very clear.

I have the Vortex Viper HD 12x50...I absolutely LOVE them. I just can't justify the money to buy Swaro. Do these compare to the $1500+ optics....let's be realistic, it's hard to compare to Swaro's. However...I am more than pleased with the quality, warranty, and service of my Vortex optics. I would absolutely buy these over the top brands...unless I just happen to have an extra pile of money lying around. When I looked through the Cabella brand vs the Vortex brand...the Vortex won out very easily. Good luck and happy glassing!

Euros are a great binocular. the optics in Euros are actually MEOPTA optics. I use the MEOPTA scopes on my riffles and love em. You can research the glass at MEOPTA.com