Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Feeding the Frenzy - Story update

Ever since getting pictures of this buck on trail cam, I have been obsessed with finding him when I had a gun or bow in my hand and a tag.

post-2034-0-26342700-1362768881_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-96353100-1362768921_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-43953200-1362769014_thumb.jpg

[

Not being that great of a hunter he has played ghost.

My buddy and his family went camping last summer did some hinking.

Look what they found................I believe these would be from the spring of 2010 and 2011.

post-2034-0-88655400-1362769502_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-33304900-1362769479_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-85124900-1362769513_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-61499300-1362769492_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-36180700-1362769520_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-54131200-1362769496_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-61697100-1362769526_thumb.jpg

Both found the same weekend about half a mile apart from each other.

Now my obsession has just gotten worse. I have a trail cam picture and my buddy has two years worth of drops off this guy.

Killing me..........I don't have a deer or an antler off this guy but it has been fun trying to catch up with either.

Droptine Update

A friend of a friend of a friend found this skull and recognized it from my avatar here on coueswhitetail.

Needless to say there is a strange emotion involved with getting this skull.

Very thankful for the gracious giver who got it to me, yet feel just a little cheated in not getting to see this buck in real life.

post-2034-0-43364100-1364688646_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-03290300-1364688649_thumb.jpg

So what now? Droptine is gone. I set up trail cams again, looking for the next obsession.

• Like 2

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!! UNREAL!! Thanks for sharing man, that is just flippin awesome!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! What are the odds of finding both those sheds on the same trip? Wow!! how cool to have the pics and the sheds. It will be all the sweeter once you finally find him during a hunt season!

Sorry to say but looks like your buddy got the better end of that deal. Nice horn and pics though.

Boy ain't that the truth......not sure I can stay his buddy with him pulling those off the mountain on me like that.....property infringement or something like that??

I actually was pretty excited to see them even though they are not my finds :(

Wow, I hope you find him! If you want to PM me the coordinates I'd be happy to look for him "for you" around the end of August?

LOL

I would be obsessed as well. That flyer is one in a million. Thanks for the updates, I always enjoy seeing how your pursuit of this deer is going. Going to be a bittersweet day when you put him down ;).

That's awesome your buddy found those sheds. At least he did an not someone else so you can hold them and become even more obsessed with finding that deer. Good luck to you and hope to see some up close of your buck this fall!

How far apart were the sheds from the trail cam pictures?

I have been trying to find sheds off a couple bucks for years and I not having any luck.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Congrats on the finds!

Jeff

That buddy and I would be throwing down. Not really, but that is one awesome set of horns.

How far apart were the sheds from the trail cam pictures?

I have been trying to find sheds off a couple bucks for years and I not having any luck.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Congrats on the finds!

Jeff

There was about a half mile triangle as the crow flies, both anters being slightly higher in elevation than my trail cam.

The green plot on the trail cam pictures is a small seep in an area that is normally very dry but that seep seems to be consistently there.

It was funny the day my buddy walked through the door with those antlers. He knew we had that deer on trail cam and he was excited to show them to me, but I would never ask him to give them up. Antlers like those don't just grow on trees and are trophies in their own right.