GPS Tracking Collar Batteries?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nhunter84

nhunter84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Hey have any of you other hound guys tried the longer life replacement batteries in your garmin tracking collars http://www.collarworks.com/ ?  I just ordered a few for my collars so will let you know how they work.  Ive had dogs out a time or two overnight this year and it would be awful nice to know that the collar has enough battery life to find them in the morning. 

#2 Redman

Redman

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Interests:Usually whatever
No, i have not but my experience is limited. What kind of tests have been done ensure the batteries are safe? I ask because I have had rechargable devices melt OFF the charger when wet (radio) in my pack. . Sure hate that to happen to dogs while around its neck. Didn't find anything on the website.
I don't care what tag you had or if you filled it!....what matters is if you had a good time....!!!

#3 azhoundcrazy

azhoundcrazy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Hounds
I use some don't know if they are the same ones but I do see a difference in my battery life I can hunt a good two days before charging and still have one bar left on the battery life

#4 nhunter84

nhunter84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

The ones I got from this website work great.  I talked with the owner and he has extensively tested them.  Everything on the GPS indicating battery life of the collar works with these batteries so you know exactly how much juice is left in them.  They charge on the factory chargers so it is simple.  I recommend them to anyone needing to replace their current garmin batteries or wanting a longer life span for the collar

#5 Redman

Redman

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Interests:Usually whatever
You already got the batteries ordered on March 12 and tested them?
I don't care what tag you had or if you filled it!....what matters is if you had a good time....!!!

#6 nhunter84

nhunter84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Yeah, I ordered them a few days before I posted that.  I have tested them side by side with my other collars here at the house and they seem to last a lot longer.  I am taking the dogs out this weekend so will let you know how they work in the field but so far they seem to be working good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users