Xman2000

Who has the best steak in town?

Ok so just wondering if you were to take your family and friends to a Steak house who has the best Steak? wondering bang for the buck taste ,value ect..Back when I lived in Tucson Lil Abners waS MY ABSOLUTE FAVE :P ( not sure if there still around) but now that I live in Mesa Aj area wondering if there is a place that I have not been to. Any town in Az will do as I plan in my line of work to possibly be there working I travel around the state quite abit so i guess ill take notes from you steak connoisseur's

The Keg, kinda pricey but never had a bad steak or bad service.

+1 for the Keg in the valley! +1 for Lil Abners in T-town! Went to Lil Abners recently and its God's gift to Man!

• Like 1

awesome I was worried about the keg because only women from my wifes work were Giving the thumbs up to that steakhouse figured it was a place only women like.and Lil' Abners glad to see is still alive and well next time I get to Tucson I have a mesquite Steak with my name on it LOL :P

Morton's or Fleming's. Also, the Capital Grill. All excellet. All will dent the heck out of your wallet though. On the economy side, Texas Roadhouse or Black Angus aren't bad. The meat just isn't near as prime cut ...

• Like 1

Capital Grill, Mastro's, City Hall all have dry aged beef and nothing else compares. Also, the reason the prices are much higher. Morton's is up there as well. Flemmings and Ruth Chis do wet aged and are very good but not the same.

Cowboy Caio in downtown Scottsdale does wild game on their menu and sometimes has bison steaks which are pretty good. They also claim the largest wine list in the state, it is a book.

Dang! I am getting really hungry now!

• Like 1

Durant's, located in downtown phx. A little ritzy... but well worth it.

+1

All of the above are great minus Roadhouse. The best by far is my place. AJ's for a whole prime fillet butchered myself into rediculously large medallions then suvi'd to about 110 degrees in butter then slat and peppered and marked for 1 minute a side on a searing hot wood fired grill. Wholly crap is it good. That deal got me my wife. LOL LOL

• Like 2

Fogo is a "one price all you can eat" type of steak house, you have a little wood marker that is green on one end, red on the other, and the 'meat masters" walk around with swords of different cuts cooked beef, lamb, sausages etc, carving off what and how much you want, green means more please, red means "I need alittle rest"... Extensive wine list and Brazilian drinks... Dang , now I need to plan another run up to Phx for dinner...
Date night with my wife Friday at Fogo. She's gonna have to roll me out of there!!

Love this thread