Xman2000

Who has the best steak in town?

I love it!! my list is growing cant wait to try em all now :P

Never been to Fogo's but been to two others like it (one in Albuqureque and one in Ahwatukee). I have dubbed it "meat bingo".... they walk around the place with skewers of meat, and if your little wooden thing is turned up they contiue to come around and bring different meats. And its good cuts like prime rib or stuff like that. The last time i was at a similar place they had 11 different varieties of meats.

Where your stretchy pants.

Not to change topic but what is your favorite cut mine is a rib eye and my wife always gets a filet.

Not to change topic but what is your favorite cut mine is a rib eye and my wife always gets a filet.

+1 ribeye

I always get the porterhouse. That way you get the loin and the NY Strip.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Monti's in Tempe. good food, cool history and won't break the bank.

I'm a ribeye man but they do a pretty good prime rib.

• Like 2

Have not been to montis in a long lo g time I will need to keep it in mind next time our.

Ounce a year deal for me and the family is the dry aged prime porterhouse from AJ's. 39.00 a lb last time but its worth it. I get them custom cut to cowboy 2 inch thick. Ok I am going to need to sell a toy now and head for the store. Hungry Hungry

City Hall- great

Ruths Chris-gold standard

Donovans-great

Orange Sky(top floor of Talking Stick)-pretty good, I'd go again, cool views

Keg-pretty good, but the others are a class above

Stockyards- was ok

Flemings-hit or miss

Durants & Cowboy Ciao... One and done

Dominicks-cool atmosphere, similar to Mastros, love the crispy-shrimp appetizer

Dang Im gettin hungry!!

• Like 1

Go shoot an Elk this year. It'll be the best steak in town.

• Like 2

Coues loin lightly marinated in olive oil, Worchestershire, Garlic Salt and black pepper. Grill rare to medium rare and served on a bed of wilted beet greens.

Melt in your mouth tender and all sweet red meat and no fat.

+1 on the Sonoita cut at the steak house in Sonoita AZ, just east of Patagonia Lake on HWY 82.

It's not a steakhouse - but for buying steaks to grill, Costco is the way to go. You can get Choice or better top sirlion (although not as tender as fillet, the most flavorful cut of meat) for about $3.60 a pound if you buy it in bulk. About 60-80 pounts of meat, already hand trimmed. Still in the roasts, so you can cut to your desired thickness. I buy a case when I run out, and keep about 80% of it for the best cuts of steak. I ground the rest into about 90% lean hamburger - which makes it a really good deal.

Not sure if you know this, but when they grade steak, no matter what only a certain percantage can be prime. I think it is 10-20%. So if a bunch gets inspected at once, only a small portion can be labeled prime. So choice or better is pretty often prime, or very close to it.

I have a vacuum sealer, and it last plenty long enough in a deep freezer.

It a lot of money up front for steak, but the price is close to what the sale price for select is at the groceries stores. Go in with some buddies, preferably one who has a grinder and one who has a vacuum sealer...

• Like 1