Xman2000

Who has the best steak in town?

I picked up a bunch of T-Bones at Bashas that were marked down and tossed them in the freezer. I usually grill them with fresh garlic, butter and a little Chef Pauls. I stopped using salt years ago. Unfortunately all the so called Chefs on the cooking shows use it a black pepper like they are the only two spices available.

Anyone making good steaks at home? I started using the " reverse sear method" last year and I really like it..

Preheat oven to 275

Bake steaks until internal temp is 125 degrees ( a decent bone in rib eye takes about 45 min )

throw on a very hot cast iron grill ( I use canola garlic oil )

Cook on cast iron or hot grill for about 1-2 minutes each side

Devour the steak , chase it with a Ice cold beer , post on CWT.com and brag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

I do reverse sear, but with smoke on a Big Green Egg. :D

• Like 1

Anyone making good steaks at home? I started using the " reverse sear method" last year and I really like it..

Preheat oven to 275

Bake steaks until internal temp is 125 degrees ( a decent bone in rib eye takes about 45 min )

I do reverse sear, but with smoke on a Big Green Egg. :D

I wont ever go back to making a steak any other way.

Preheat oven to 275

Yes, I'll typically do them via sous vide. Everything from rib eyes, strips, tenderloins, tri tip, backstrap, etc. Even ribs. Really really good. Rub meat with seasoning of choice, vacuum seal with a 1/2 tbsp of butter, sous vide at 130* for 90 min (longer if you have time). Remove meat then sear hard and fast on a hot skillet or grill (or my preferred method, lit charcoal chimney with a grate over it). 90 second sear on each side, then done. No need to let it rest coming from the bath.

• Like 1

Preheat oven to 275

Yes, I'll typically do them via sous vide. Everything from rib eyes, strips, tenderloins, tri tip, backstrap, etc. Even ribs. Really really good. Rub meat with seasoning of choice, vacuum seal with a 1/2 tbsp of butter, sous vide at 130* for 90 min (longer if you have time). Remove meat then sear hard and fast on a hot skillet or grill (or my preferred method, lit charcoal chimney with a grate over it). 90 second sear on each side, then done. No need to let it rest coming from the bath.

Yeah dude you're doing it the best way.. A buddy of mine does them that way I just dont have the equipment to do it so I just stick with reverse sear. One day though I will step my game up and do them sous vide!

Steak 44 has my vote! Had the Tomahawk Wagyu and it was the best I've ever had hands down besides the ones I cook at home.

I was the General Manager of a fine dining steakhouse for 5 years. Trust me, tune up your skills and cook at home. We had an in house butcher and dealt in Prime. Reach in coolers get HOT when you're slammed, and that is where it's stored between opening and closing. All of that meat that is not ordered/prepared goes back into the walk-in at the end of the night. Would you play that game with your game meat? There are plenty of places that offer a great meal, but you can troll your favorite store for USDA choice that rivals the bottom of prime and come away with a great meal too. If you want to drop the coin, hit the upper echelon grocers or your local butcher shop.

Arrowhead grill is great. But put some effort and research and the best steak is at your house

I've had daisy mays here in Tucson they had a great steak, also I've had little Mexico think it was like a 32oz porter house boy that thing was awesome, but I think the best stakes are those cooked at camp weather a chuck steak (lol), or a ribeye it all taste good at camp.

I went to Apache Prime Steakhouse for the first time last year. That place was awesome! The Porterhouse was huge and good! Looking forward to going again this year.