Sign in to follow this  
Lucky7

Monster Coues????

New to the website,Never shot a coues deer, Hoping to get one soon, been watching a coues deer in unit 23, that I believe to be very similar to this buck that was shot. I had to register to a forum and people tell that this is the best coues website. I didn't have this buck going over 110! The outfitter that killed this buck is claiming 125-127. Can you help me out? What do you guys think, is this a well over scored coues or am I way off.... Cuz I have another buck in the are that makes this buck look tiny. Is this a good score to help me judge the other buck.

that buck is not 125 I would say more like 115....but still a great buck!

~Mark

A pretty buck but not close to the 125" mark. These big shot outfitters have to make themselves look like they kill big ones even when they don't. So I would not judge your other buck to this buck. I would say this deer is 112-115 max. Lets see the other buck that you have that's bigger then this one.

Not trying to defend I am nuetral here but on mossback az's blog they have the buck grossing right at 120. Not 125. They also state that the beams are 19 inches from what I remember and with the mass and couple of extras I could see the deer crowding the 120 mark gross. However my initial guess is around 115. Pictures can really be deceiving.

• Like 1

It's obvious from the wards outfitters pictures this buck is not a 125inch deer. I would use the wards outfitters pictures as a good reference any day over the mossback BS picture.

• Like 1

This is an interesting picture. This is just my opinion, too. But if he is 120"+ then this is probably one of the worst ways to showcase it in a still photo. Let's face it, MB kills some big critters. And they're far from rookies when it comes to taking a field photo either. So I'd venture to say, for whatever reason, this wasn't their first choice in a field photo. Lying down next to the buck with your head and shoulders as close (if not closer) to the camera than the bucks' will surely make the buck look smaller.

But we weren't there so it's hard to say why they chose it. Maybe the poor fella had zero flexibility or painful joints so sitting or kneeling behind the buck wasn't an option. I've been behind the camera during those times and as frustrating as it can be to get the perfect picture, sometimes it's just impossible.

And for the record, I gain NOTHING from making this buck as big as they say it is. Just saying we've all been surprised by pictures when they don't give the animal the "justice" it deserves. Some big bucks are photogenic.....some aren't.

• Like 1