jarheadhunter

What do Coues deer taste like?

That looks great oneshot!

Red wine, Brussel sprouts and all!

Btw, I love to roast Brussel sprouts in butter and olive oil, cracked black pepper, sea salt, tossed in honey and whole grain mustard. Yum!

My favorite is a Jerk marinade! Grill till medium. I love Brussels too oneshot. But my wife never fixes them. Don't know why.

I think Coues are the best tasting game meat around! Chef gave a great description....the meat is much more mild tasting than mule deer or elk. "It tastes like Victory!" ===> great quote!

Although we love coues meat just straight off the grill, we also really love chicken fried backstrap with country gravy....it's amazingly tender and tastey!

I also really enjoy using some of the meat to make sausage of all kinds.

post-1-0-07714500-1371315187_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

A Coues cookoff would be awesome! Amanda and Chef should judge. (Don't want Chef cooking we'll all lose! ). :)

Some of the best coues I've had was a piece of tender loin right outta my still warm, just field dressed buck. Coues tartar! It was super sweet and tender, but it absolutely horrified my hunting buddies...

A Coues cookoff would be awesome! Amanda and Chef should judge. (Don't want Chef cooking we'll all lose! ). :)

Sounds fun!! We will have to give this idea some thought!

Not that I'm aware of, though you might be able to find someone to donate some steaks.

the best is eating coues steaks during those late bull hunts, wash it down with a coors light now thats great living

Just had the most delicious steak EVER!! Coues back strap. Hands down the best steak I've ever had. Ruth Chris........please. Sweet manna from heaven!

Coues carne asada is off the hook as well!

So what sort of temp is considered rare or medium rare with Coues? How are you guys judging a loin is medium rare without the cardinal sin of cutting it?

Those pictures all look amazing and you made me hungry!

meat thermometer, or better yet the squeeze test..try it on some grilled steaks or burgers....firm=welldone ,, squishy = rare..everything else in between is to your preference...practice a little,its foolproof