Big Tub

Virus Problems???

I had to use a different search engine to get on here with my phone. My bookmark did not work for quite a few days now.

Have you done a full system scan lately? Sometimes certain tracking cookies/viruses, have the ability to reroute your http to a different address.

Try:

Deleting all browsing history &cache

Do a full system scan with Norton (takes awhile)

Reboot

It might work, or it might not.

• Like 1

I noticed that at times I get redirected by URL 4 short dot info to a site not associated with coues whitetail when I visit this forum. A little searching on google and I found out that there are some threads that this virus affects forums. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 1

I get re-directed to that site the first time I try to get on the forums. Hit back and click again and I come right in. Not sure what that is about.

Nick

A lot of times when I sign in a get the message "Not Authorized" ... which I find strange. Other than that I have no real issues.

ya what the heck? I have all of these problems and I it also wants me to link twitter

Definitely this forum has a virus or has been hacked. every now andvthen when visiting, I get redirected to advertising.

ending url today was http://url4short.info/d0572ba5

Look for a script in footer or header that injects itself. Your web host can probably scan your directory for you and find it.

Not sure what "I'm good" means.. you're a mod (i'm obviously new here), and you're on it?

FWIW, it did it again, coming in off a google search (I pulled a unit 33 white tail tag for October, so I'm searching for information), and on a link that takes me to this site, it popped up a different site entirely. I tried it from Bing, and same thing.

Attached are the images... in case it helps.

Just trying to be helpful, as it's appears to loading up a virus to trick people into downloading.

post-12699-0-34290900-1409249904_thumb.jpg

post-12699-0-26182800-1409249912_thumb.jpg

post-12699-0-26680300-1409250002_thumb.jpg

post-12699-0-43919800-1409250008.jpg

I have had every scan that my host and antivirus service can do. They always say everything is clean. I too see the URL4short redirects occasionally. It only happens with google search results and as has been mentioned if you hit the back arrow and try it again on that same link, it will go through fine. If you come here directly rather than through google, there is no issue. So my suggestion for now is to just bookmark the forum and come here directly rather than through google. I will continue to see what I can learn about this issue. It's definitely annoying.

My last mention of the subject (really, this time). I just have several websites that I own, and I had an injection problem with one once a few years ago. A real sucker to track down and fix.

Check out this link, it may help you track down the source of the injection script.

http://browse.feedreader.com/c/Peter_Upfold/279791270

These suckers sometimes hide themselves in your website cache somewhere, usually a result of a skin or plugin that was compromised at some point.

My web site was eventually marked as "warning" by google after awhile, and I'm sure you don't want that happening.

Good luck.