bonecollector

Unit 10 tag holders

What are the details?

$65 / person per entry or per hunt season?

- in the rules area of description- so it looks like you can use it to go scouting before the hunts but it ends after your hunt

The Ranch Access Permit will be valid beginning August 15, 2013. This permit includes the Big Boquillas Ranch within Game Management Unit 10 and will expire at midnight on second day after the conclusion of the hunt associated with Ranch Access Permit

To all that like this or think its better than being closed on this ranch it's just time before it goes state for all the other ranches to follow suite. I guess donating time for cleaning up after the cowboys are over as well, what joke!

• Like 2

Those cowboys benefit alot from hunters don't let them fool you if everyone decided to hunt elsewhere they would be whining about how the elk are to much competition with the cows for food and there's always the possibility of predation on livestock from coyotes and lions and it would eventually go back to normal they think they have us all by the balls on this one we should prove them wrong and force the commission to back us

• Like 1

This isn't about cattle or roads, it's all about $$$$$$$ tax payers giving hand outs again ( meaning state owned land we can't use, but, pay taxes on)

• Like 3

The AZGFD and the BLM need to grow a pair and stop allowing the Navahos to dictate new law/rule changes for federal land and state owned big game animals… So who will enforce the new laws??
So I decide to put a camera up on a wallow on BLM land in this area and put a blind up and sit in it! …. Along comes Navho Joe or Boquillas Bob and decide to take my gear and write me a citation on BLM land! Sounds like a legal nightmare!!!
The AZGFD need to sop issuing tags on the Bo and until they do we should boycott unit 10 hunts!

I will have to remember to recomend the borders of this area as a great poaching area , don't forget to bring your silencer! "GET SUM" !

I have a better Idea lets put Wolves in there!!!!

The website is very well put together and worded in my opinion. These new rules and permitting with make the Big Bo in unit 10 a very premium "spot and stock only" location for Arizona. You have to pay extra to play, and you have to play by strict and old school rules: no hunting on water, no attractant, no cams, no atvs, no large envoys of guides for one hunter... Success will obviously go down for several reasons, but there will be more mature trophy animals that live longer as well. I think I like it for this one special ranch circumstance.

Who say's that spot and stalk is the only "old school way" ....You obviously don't know a thing about "old school ways"!....You are another youngster who thinks thier way is the only ethical way to hunt..... IMHO!

Tony put up some good links and info on this and I commented there but here is a question for all who hunt unit 10.

What conditions of the land have you seen in recent years? I.E. fence , road, damage,, trash,, roads tore up by vehicles on and off road? Basically is the areas you go getting trashed????

If its not bad and this money goes to pay for ranch infrastructure I would say good for them if they can get away with it but I wouldnt give them my money.

The AZGFD and the BLM need to grow a pair and stop allowing the Navahos to dictate new law/rule changes for federal land and state owned big game animals… So who will enforce the new laws??

So I decide to put a camera up on a wallow on BLM land in this area and put a blind up and sit in it! …. Along comes Navho Joe or Boquillas Bob and decide to take my gear and write me a citation on BLM land! Sounds like a legal nightmare!!!

The AZGFD need to sop issuing tags on the Bo and until they do we should boycott unit 10 hunts!

I will have to remember to recomend the borders of this area as a great poaching area , don't forget to bring your silencer! "GET SUM" !

I have a better Idea lets put Wolves in there!!!!

Boycott Arizona's Unit 10 for elk. What a realistic and sensible solution that is. You completely baffle me.

Seems that the grazing leases just found a new way to generate revenue. Can't wait to see the lease rate increases to account for the new revenue they will be generating. :lol:

I will be one of the hunters that will be gladly buying a permit. It took me 14 years to get an archery bull tag and $60.00 is not a show stopper. If half the archery hunters buy a permit and take one friend with them it still only raises $12,000 for the ranch. Not a big money making opportunity in my opinion. If I understand it correctly a large portion of the ranch is own by the Navajo's. The land is under lease. I think if this land was not being leased you would not be hunting it without buying a tag from them. If the money being collected is being used to promote wildlife, and helping to enforce state laws and ranch rules then I think this could be a positive. I have read all of the rules and do not find them out of line with many of my own beliefs. Would I like to hunt from a tree stand, blind, hunt over water? Sure but I can also appreciate the fact that when you have so many back to back hunts this can have a n impact on not only the cattle but also the wildlife. Also I read about and have personally experienced issues with some hunters and outfitters, staking out water and even roads. Game and Fish now warns about so called “Claim Jumping".

I am a native Arizonan and have hunted the state for the past 50 years. I have seen more areas closed each year, many times to a few bad eggs. I would hate to see the state become one in which you need to pay to play, but I think the Game and Fish has worked hard to keep this ranch open. If money is going to improve the game and hunting opportunities while keeping a sizeable area open I will support it. Things have changed a lot in the last 50 years, I believe Phoenix has grown from about ½ a Million people to now more than 5 Million. On any given weekend during hunting season you can expect to see as many people out riding their Quads, etc. as you do hunters.

If others choose not to buy a permit, that’s their right. For me, I am looking forward to “Seeing for myself “about this ranch permit program.

• Like 3