Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

road hunting

I no not all of us can treak thru the woods to hunt. but today I was hunting in 23 and I was hunting about a half mile of the young road and the power lines, it was like a freeway and i watched so many of the same trucks and side by sides going back and forth all morning. Dang get out of the truck and hunt you might like it Not complaining i saw 6 nice bucks they saw none , my point is how is this considered hunting , and road hunting is supposed to be elligal. Well any way keep driven so i can keep seein the deer your pushin to me. my opinion only. thanks

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

I'm a few miles from you and I feel the same way. The number of road hunters in 23 right now is astounding! The only thing more frustrating than the road hunters is the hounds men that are working around me. Had a pack of dogs run right under my stand at first light. Then another an hour or two later run just out of sight. They've been on the same mountain my stands are all day! Can't help but wonder what they scared off... Oh well, at least we have public land to hunt!

SOS not matter what unit you're in WW. USFS closes down roads, people biatch. Best put as much acreage between you and the road as you can.

Best advice I can offer is to stay put next weekend, it'll be a ZOO.

• Like 2

SOS not matter what unit you're in WW. USFS closes down roads, people biatch. Best put as much acreage between you and the road as you can.

Is that a sea trout in your avatar? Holy smokes

Is that a sea trout in your avatar? Holy smokes

Red Fish. A Sea Trout (Speckled Trout) that big would put me in the Class of Lerner, Hemingway and Grey. The particular fish took a soft plastic in about a foot or two of water in the marsh near Galliano Louisiana. We tangled for close to half an hour before it surface and my brother tailed it into his boat.

I released it to fight another day. We didn't have a scale so I don't know how much it weighed.

/>I'm a few miles from you and I feel the same way. The number of road hunters in 23 right now is astounding! The only thing more frustrating than the road hunters is the hounds men that are working around me. Had a pack of dogs run right under my stand at first light. Then another an hour or two later run just out of sight. They've been on the same mountain my stands are all day! Can't help but wonder what they scared off... Oh well, at least we have public land to hunt!

I hunted up there last year and had the same problem with the hounds. I heard them every morning and can hear the owners yelling as well.

Who cares?!?!?! I mean really, why does it bother you guys so much? I don't really care for road hunting myself, but I can really care less if anyone else wants too. It means less pressure where I go. And I for the life of me can't see why it's even illegal and frowned upon.

And I really disagree with the statement that road hunters are the leading cause of unretrieved game. I think guys that hike into deep, nasty, rugged canyons taking 500+ yard shots across them probably check for blood far more often. I here far more tales from people saying they missed clean without checking for blood in the back country more than I do from guys driving down the road.

• Like 5

How about road scoutin. I love doing that so I will be one of them guys in the morning just driving around.

And as far as hounds go you gotta love that sweet sound of them working a track.

• Like 2

If you know of and bitch about road hunters, chances are your not far enough from the road.

i you read my post i didn't say i hated them, actually they have chased alot of game to me , 3 of the bucks today they never even saw, the other 3 were why back in far from roads . I was just wondering what the fun is driving around with 5 stinly hunters in a truck . and i feel if they get out of the truck and hunt like a cave man they might like it but again my dumb opinion. and the man who made the post about public land was right were lucky to have so much of it. and the hounds don't bother me because that is some tuff hunten chasing them damb dogs and i've only done it once. good luck with them whities and donkeys

I'm not tryin to give you a hard time, sorry

If I come across that way. If I'm with my dad, I'm a road hunter (due to his health issues) if I'm alone... What road? I never saw it?? Some hunters swing both ways. My pops was killin and grilling before I was born and before alot of us were even thought of. I respect him for that and have learned to be humble and respect him. If you hate me for driving and ole man around on occasion to keep him young, I don't respect you one bit. If you understand where I'm coming from, then god bless you.

• Like 2

were good, again never said i hated road hunters , understand about your dad and i'm glad you still hunt together, i respect you and him and everyone. I believe in the golden rule. godbless you also