Sign in to follow this  
GodIsGood

Timberland Outfitters - Fantastic Service AGAIN!

This is my second remarkable service/success experience with Timberland Outfitters... somewhere in the CWT history is a story from me when Jake from TLO came to my rescue in 5B-N on a moment's notice when I shot off a flare to CWT. Jake provided OUTSTANDING guide service- so I sought their help on my late archery bull tag in Unit 1.

Several knowledgeable hunters said I was nuts for putting-in for late Unit 1, and frankly I dont recall requesting that unit or why I did... but GodIsGood and I was blessed with amazing memories, tremendous service and a handsome bull!

This time Lance Crowther met me near Springerville shortly before opening day. He had already located a herd to pursue and had several back-up plans ready to execute. A wildcard that complicated an already difficult hunt was a storm that was rapidly approaching. Lance predicted that we would be done [if I my aim was true] by Monday evening. We pursued the herd located the day before without success, but Lance was successfully communicating with the elk - even called in a nice shooter 5x5 bull who wanted company, but winded us before coming into bow range. Lance validated his claim that he can communicate with elk YEAR ROUND, without the rut-factor. He had cows giving away their position, bulls bugling, used horns to entice bulls down to us... he is truly the ELK WHISPERER!!!

The storm threw a wrench into our pursuit plans and Lance had his hands full propping up my optimism, but he knew all along that the storm was a blessing because the disruption would scatter the herds - who might otherwise be dormant - THEN they would become mobile looking for companionship after the storm - when he anticipated we would score. He was spot-on right! But during the storm Lance changed up our tactics including hanging a tree stand on a special spring, building a weather-resistant sniper blind on an active wallow, and glassing, GLASSING, AND MORE GLASSING. When we weren't in hot-pursuit, he shared advice, fundamentals and advanced tips on how to close the deal - and what NOT to do, should a bull present himself for a shot. Without that guidance, I doubt I would have harvested my bull! Lance and Timberland Outfitters definitely goes beyond GUIDE with GUIDance!

This is my fifth "guide" investment among 3 different service providers - I can say with GREAT confidence, if you want to fill your tag, make a memory, grow as a hunter - call Lance and go with Timberland!!!

1470318_673643469334408_659380431_n_zps5

photo25_zpse6b4eb08.jpg

• Like 3

Also wanna send 'props' to Rhonda at Corner Archery in Glendale.

She helped me sooooo much with equipment and hone my shooting and and and... she is a wonderful servant who really cares about her customers! It's my personal belief that we should support small businesses like Corner Archery rather than run straight to giants like Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse. Rhonda has a HUGE and successful program to teach kids how to shoot well and shoot safe!

Thanks again Rhonda, you're a great friend!

ANXIOUS to see more beautiful from Gametrails Taxidermy [GTT on CWT]. Bret had done beautiful work for me in the past and I also recommend him to everyone!

God is Good,

My Dad Bruce is booked with them again as well.

Lance and John guided my dad to a nice Kofa ram a few years back.

John and my Dad will be in unit 10 for the late rifle.

I can't say enough about Lance and John

Good men!

Tim

God is Good,

My Dad Bruce is booked with them again as well.

Lance and John guided my dad to a nice Kofa ram a few years back.

John and my Dad will be in unit 10 for the late rifle.

I can't say enough about Lance and John

Good men!

Tim