naturegirl

Poaching a lion - updated with pics

Cool discussion....I learned a lot about cats and hunters......kinda scary to know that if it is written as law there are those who willingly would disregard the law.

We might not agree with the laws but that is a battle we take up with those in position that can change the laws.

• Like 5

This is a hunting forum and should be a responsible one. It should promote hunting and ethics and shun killing for the sake of killing or solely for the purpose of self-interest. I suggest you post the faces... Im kind of surprised about some of the attitudes of people here. Sure I would love there to be more deer in some of the units I hunt but I would never consider shooting a predator with young ones. Spots or no spots. People should have decency as well as ethics. Lions and predators kill to survive. We kill for sport. While you may decide to hunt predators, I do, promoting an attitude of utter disregard and appreciation of these animals is pure ignorance. Learn to be educated please and talk about hunting in a way that people outside of hunting sees the merits and not the stupidity of what we enjoy.

• Like 1

This is a hunting forum and should be a responsible one. It should promote hunting and ethics and shun killing for the sake of killing or solely for the purpose of self-interest. I suggest you post the faces... Im kind of surprised about some of the attitudes of people here. Sure I would love there to be more deer in some of the units I hunt but I would never consider shooting a predator with young ones. Spots or no spots. People should have decency as well as ethics. Lions and predators kill to survive. We kill for sport. While you may decide to hunt predators, I do, promoting an attitude of utter disregard and appreciation of these animals is pure ignorance. Learn to be educated please and talk about hunting in a way that people outside of hunting sees the merits and not the stupidity of what we enjoy.

Well said, but faces won't be posted. I don't agree with what they did, but it's not my place to post faces.

Ultimately, when alone in the field it's only our own conscious (or lack of) that guides us in our decision making.

• Like 2

Well I'm sure by now that them kittens are older and have no spots as old as this post is.

• Like 4

Ha! ok im not gonna say squat about any of this except that if I was the guy with the big black circle for a face and may have just broken the law I guranteeeeeeeeeee that camera would have gone home with me! L.O.L. heck the kittens might have had kittens by now.

• Like 2

The law doesn't say, kittens "or" spots, it says, "kittens with spots". I don't see kittens in the pics.

Certainly legal IMHO. Whether or not to shoot is a different topic, & I clearly respect those in favor either way, but IMHO, not illegal to shoot as none of the cats in those photos are "kittens"... For it to be illegal to shoot it has to meet both criteria, and there isn't a judge around that would say those are kittens.

Kitten- A young cat.

Young- in an early stage of life, growth or development. : not yet old

Seems pretty easy to interpret the definition of Kitten as to what was in the picture. Pretty vague definition. Anyone who has ever followed hounds and treed lions will agree those are MOST likely kittens. I do not agree with the law that they are not huntable, but the way the law is written, those KITTENS are not.

• Like 1

The cat pictured below is a mature lion. The cats posted earlier have spots and don't look anything like a mature lion. Thought I would share for comparison so all you people that say they are not kittens can see what a mature lion looks like. Notice there are no hints of spots.

Saying those lions aren't kittens is like saying a 3 year old boy is not a kid.

post-3003-0-47249500-1406043374_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The cat pictured below is a mature lion. The cats posted earlier have spots and don't look anything like a mature lion. Thought I would share for comparison so all you people that say they are not kittens can see what a mature lion looks like. Notice there are no hints of spots.

I petition that "nhunter84's" comments be removed because he has an awesome cat in his avatar and I still haven't killed one. Post up the pics and story....yes I hijacked this thread (you're welcome) :)

I petition that "nhunter84's" comments be removed because he has an awesome cat in his avatar and I still haven't killed one. Post up the pics and story....yes I hijacked this thread (you're welcome) :)

I thought he posted his story before. Check the predator hunting forum.

I have posted pics of this cat before in lion with a terrier.

I'll try and right up an actual story sometime. This was really a pretty cool hunt for this cat. This is the cat in my avatar, but I didn't shoot it. It is the biggest lion I've ever caught.