blaserman

Hunting Permits

Can anyone tell me why ,is there a verying price on Gun Permits in Mexico when you are interested in hunting in the same area . What I mean ,I have checked some of the outfitters on this site and the Hunting Permits very in Price for Sonora.

I am looking at doing a Coues Hunt Next year in Mexico 2007-2008

Guest Ernesto C

I know this will not answer your question but for the same reason some outfitters charge $3,500, 4,500 or 5000 for a coues and $7,000 to 8,000 or more for a muley.......same area same state.

Maybe some of the outfitters here will come forward and tell you (us) why?

Ernesto C

To a point I thought that was the reason. I wanted to here it from an out fitter .

Or maybe something they are not telling us about.

The outfitter is charging you an additional fee for handling the paperwork. Just like in buying a car, the dealer is making a profit, so the outfitter has a profit figure calculated in the gun permit cost. I wouldnt haggle with it, the outfitter is not making much money off the permit. Generally the cost of guiding down in Mexico is much more for the outfitter than here in the states. On a coues hunt, the outfitter pays anywhere from 750 to 1200 per coues tag then pays others in the camp like the cook, guide etc. he also pays for the gun permit so really for 3500-4000 for a coues hunt, there isnt much profit for the outfitter. Gun permit actual cost is around 350.00...............Allen............

I was'nt objecting to what they cost I just wanted a truthful answer. I am not new to this game .

I know in some parts that an outfitters pays by the animal taken.

They do make money or they would not be in busness.The name of the game is to make a livung,when the money is not there it's time to get out.

Blaserman, I sure didnt mean to come across wrong or offensive, sorry if I did. I believe the gun permits all cost approximately the same, but the outfitters charge whatever they feel necessary. Didnt think you were new to the game or any such thing, just have seen quite a few different "gun permit" prices myself and have actually got the gun permit myself a time or two and know that there is a difference between what it costs from the Mexican government and what each outfitter charges. I believe the gun permit for the whole state of Sonora is the same regardless of what species you are hunting..............Allen.......

I'm hunting with Cola Blanca for the first time in a few weeks. My trip is scheduled from Jan 3-9th. I'd be happy to share the details with you guys when I get back.

TAM...

That would be great. Do you know what ranch you are going to be hunting? I talked to Dan a few weeks ago and he mentioned that he had a new ranch that had never been hunted?

Jason

I'll be hunting the Granados ranch. I'm getting real excited about it!

I have Talked to most of the outfitters on here that would answer me. . I still have some others that I have found.

Like anyone or everyyone I want to better my last Buck.

My problem is coming from the East Coast the airfare is Crazy, not the cost but the stops that you have to make .

I have found , some good Places that are not bad it fly into in Sonora , this is the worst place to fly from the east coast.

I don't mind 1 or 2 stops but don't send me to LAX and then into Sonora.

I hunted Chihuahua Last time , Found a new Outfitter there but Elhalcon did some Restructuring , Carlos I think is Starting His own Coues Hunting.

If someone is Interested I would be Willing to Partner up with someone for next year.

Have you thought of just flying into Tucson instead? That may be cheaper than an international flight? Either rent a car or possibly make arrangements with the outfitter to meet you there?

blaserman...

Drop me a PM... I live in SW NM and I might be interested in going to mexico if you are looking for a partner... We could drive my rig from an airport in AZ...

jason