CouesPursuit

Advice Please!

Last Saturday morning, I found my truck broken into and a few valuable items missing.

The theif just posted one of my valuable items on craigslist.

I have notified Mesa police, and I hope they take action. But, if anyone has been in a similar experience, will they actually help? And how long should I wait before calling them back or taking action myself?

My first reaction was to try to something about it myself, because relying on others isn't the way to get stuff done. But, the police getting involved could help get more than just the one item back and put the theif to justice. I would prefer the latter.

Any honest help is appreciated, Thanks.

contact the seller about buying it.....just to get info about address, etc. then you would have somthing to call the police about.

more power to you.....i would prob do something STUPID!

More D

Thanks, I'm REALLY trying not to.

I have already done exactly that, I had a coworker just ask if it was still available to get a real email address.

Did the police take a report?

I would still contact or have a friend contact the seller for any address etc, but let the police handle it with all the information you can provide.

They have everything they need, it is just a matter of them taking action. Serial numbers, photos of my empty boxes, proof of purchase. etc.

I hate scumbags, anyways my buddy is a Tempe detective,and believe me they have whole divisions set up for this kind of crime.I would assume Mesa has the same,just be persistent with them cause time is limited on these types of crime. Lets get these guys in jail too bring in the new year ... good luck too you, did I mention I hate scum bags ...

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me. I had 3 trail cameras stolen out of my wife's rig in '12. They were in custom painted lock boxes and still had the masterlocks on them. I provided the police with all info after setting up an arranged meeting with the seller. I had pics of what the set ups looked like and had the keys to the locks. Made no difference. I never met the guy thinking the police would deal with it....never heard anything. I have regrets and think about what I would do now, but in reality losing $600 is better than a felony.

My home was broken into in '11 by a couple losers and they stole thousands of dollars worth of rifles, bows, cameras, and other valuables. Neighbor provided license plate and description. Luckily, I had insurance because the cops found nothing. They told me to check craigslist and give them a call if something pops up.

Good luck. I hope you get your stuff back.

• Like 1

Dispatch told me (followed up after 2 hours) that the call I am waiting on will be from the first officer not on an emergency call. 3 hours later, the ad is still up and have had no reply from theif after the coworkers feeler/is it still available email..

I have several people offering to help take action but the best case would be to get the scumbag off the street using the police.

I am trying - trying not to spend any more nights sitting on my roof with 70#s and 29.5" of draw waiting to thump this scumbag with the release of a blunt tip.

Use a Schwacker and then the 3S program…..police will never know. Lol! Hope it works out for you. Thieves suck!!!!

• Like 1

lets have a CW member call him for a meet up and then lets all go there, throw him in the back of my tahoe and drive him out to the middle of nowhere and leave him for dead.

• Like 4

just be persistent
This has been the best advice, thanks.

Hopefully there is a success story to share in a day or two.

• Like 1

Let us know how it goes....I hope the police can help you. Hopefully there is a cop on here that can give you more advice. I know they are busy, but it sure seems like and open and shut case...easy win for the mesa PD.

• Like 1