Sign in to follow this  
sandman38y

2014 Elk regs

tag numbers are up considerably in two of the units I apply for. That kinda SUCKS.

• Like 1

/>

tag numbers are up considerably in two of the units I apply for. That kinda SUCKS.

Look at the bright side, in a couple years you can be guaranteed to harvest a nice young raghorn for good eating if you're lucky to beat the crowd to the bull. Makes it fun!

Funny that the regs just came out today, but there are 2 OTC elk hunts that already started 3 days ago...

• Like 1

No 34b lope tags! Ouch!

I have been putting in for that tag for 15 years and I finally thought I had enough bonus points to get drawn for it and they remove the hunt! Sucks doesn't even begin to express my disappointment

Why would they pull that hunt after 15+ years? Are the antelope not faring well down there, or are they becoming monster trophies? What is your theory?

No 34b lope tags! Ouch!

I have been putting in for that tag for 15 years and I finally thought I had enough bonus points to get drawn for it and they remove the hunt! Sucks doesn't even begin to express my disappointment

8vngud.gif

Funny that the regs just came out today, but there are 2 OTC elk hunts that already started 3 days ago...

In all fairness, those have been 365 day hunts since inception several years ago. Anyone following the OTC hunts are well aware of the dates.

In all fairness, those have been 365 day hunts since inception several years ago. Anyone following the OTC hunts are well aware of the dates.

Sorry but you are wrong. The two hunts that started on Jan 1st are not open 365 days. They are only for 92 days. They close on. March 31st. If you had been following the OTC hunts you would know this.

Sorry but you are wrong. The two hunts that started on Jan 1st are not open 365 days. They are only for 92 days. They close on. March 31st. If you had been following the OTC hunts you would know this.

The legal wildlife changes, but that OTC hunt runs the entire year. From any elk, Jan 1-March 31, then picks up again on April 1 -July 31 for bull, then Aug 1 thru the end of the year for any elk. There is no break in the season, only any elk to bull back to any elk.

The legal wildlife changes, but that OTC hunt runs the entire year. From any elk, Jan 1-March 31, then picks up again on April 1 -July 31 for bull, then Aug 1 thru the end of the year for any elk. There is no break in the season, only any elk to bull back to any elk.

Nice try...