2014 Elk regs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sandman38y

sandman38y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
They are available for download online, Good luck everyone!

#2 bonecollector

bonecollector

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,919 posts
Thanks for the heads up.

#3 DesertBull

DesertBull

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,815 posts
tag numbers are up considerably in two of the units I apply for. That kinda SUCKS.

#4 Coues79

Coues79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Interests:Family and Hunting.
/>
tag numbers are up considerably in two of the units I apply for. That kinda SUCKS.

Look at the bright side, in a couple years you can be guaranteed to harvest a nice young raghorn for good eating if you're lucky to beat the crowd to the bull. Makes it fun!

#5 bigorange

bigorange

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
http://www.azgfd.gov/regs/elkregs.pdf
A bad day hunting is better than a good day doing just about anything else...

#6 AZLance

AZLance

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Hunting & Baseball
Funny that the regs just came out today, but there are 2 OTC elk hunts that already started 3 days ago...

#7 elkhunter

elkhunter

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:Spirit of the hunt, shooting bucks under 300 yards and family
No 34b lope tags! Ouch!

#8 AZLance

AZLance

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

No 34b lope tags! Ouch!

I have been putting in for that tag for 15 years and I finally thought I had enough bonus points to get drawn for it and they remove the hunt! Sucks doesn't even begin to express my disappointment

#9 kidso

kidso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Raising my twins with my wife, predator calling for bear, and Christmas.

Why would they pull that hunt after 15+ years?  Are the antelope not faring well down there, or are they becoming monster trophies?  What is your theory?

#10 trphyhntr

trphyhntr

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

No 34b lope tags! Ouch!

I have been putting in for that tag for 15 years and I finally thought I had enough bonus points to get drawn for it and they remove the hunt! Sucks doesn't even begin to express my disappointment

8vngud.gif

#11 Forlorn Hope

Forlorn Hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:The outdoors. Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and sitting around a campfire with a cold beer!

Funny that the regs just came out today, but there are 2 OTC elk hunts that already started 3 days ago...

In all fairness, those have been 365 day hunts since inception several years ago. Anyone following the OTC hunts are well aware of the dates.
To many a city man there comes a time when the great town wearies him. He hates its sights and smells and clangor. Every duty is a task and every caller is a bore. There come visions of green fields and far-rolling hills, of tall forests and cool, swift flowing streams. He yearns for the thrill of the chase, for the keen-eyed silent stalking; or, rod in hand, he would seek that mysterious pool where the father of all trout lurks for his lure. - Horace Kephart

#12 AZLance

AZLance

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

In all fairness, those have been 365 day hunts since inception several years ago. Anyone following the OTC hunts are well aware of the dates.

Sorry but you are wrong. The two hunts that started on Jan 1st are not open 365 days. They are only for 92 days. They close on. March 31st. If you had been following the OTC hunts you would know this.

#13 5alivefishing

5alivefishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing and all the shooting sports.
Good luck everyone,,

#14 Forlorn Hope

Forlorn Hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:The outdoors. Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and sitting around a campfire with a cold beer!

Sorry but you are wrong. The two hunts that started on Jan 1st are not open 365 days. They are only for 92 days. They close on. March 31st. If you had been following the OTC hunts you would know this.

The legal wildlife changes, but that OTC hunt runs the entire year. From any elk, Jan 1-March 31, then picks up again on April 1 -July 31 for bull, then Aug 1 thru the end of the year for any elk. There is no break in the season, only any elk to bull back to any elk.
To many a city man there comes a time when the great town wearies him. He hates its sights and smells and clangor. Every duty is a task and every caller is a bore. There come visions of green fields and far-rolling hills, of tall forests and cool, swift flowing streams. He yearns for the thrill of the chase, for the keen-eyed silent stalking; or, rod in hand, he would seek that mysterious pool where the father of all trout lurks for his lure. - Horace Kephart

#15 AZLance

AZLance

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

The legal wildlife changes, but that OTC hunt runs the entire year. From any elk, Jan 1-March 31, then picks up again on April 1 -July 31 for bull, then Aug 1 thru the end of the year for any elk. There is no break in the season, only any elk to bull back to any elk.

Nice try...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users