• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 bowhunter4life

bowhunter4life

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Great topic, I agree, these girls are amazing hunters! Just so happened, that my daughter shot her javelina this morning.  Kendra also harvested this fine cow in October! Not to bad for a senior in high school, let me tell ya, them high school boys are jealous!

These girls make a great hunter camp, this weekend we had a group hunt with about 12 tags.  These girls put a whipping on the boys, 2-1 in the harvest category... 

Attached Thumbnails

• Kendra.jpg
  • Kendra elk,.jpg

http://www.desertchristianarchers.com/

BY Gods grace I am given another day to cherish my family and this awesome state of Arizona!

#32 bonecollector

bonecollector

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts
I have 2 daughters that I am hoping will take up hunting. My wife has no interest in hunting but she likes to go fishing in the summer time when we go on vacation. I'll settle for that.

#33 cb375hh

cb375hh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Deer Hunting and anything that has to do with deer hunting.
Women are the future of hunting. The sport won't survive if it's just a bunch of old men participating. Women help show that half of the hunting experience is spending quality time with friends and family, many of my non hunting friends dont get that part. As a hunting community we need to be as inclusive a a possible.

#34 Scooter

Scooter

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Bowhunting, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Bass Fishing, Fly Fishing...

I wish to God that my wife would go hunting with me... When I first met her she was a liberal hippie coffee-shop vegetarian. After 12 years I've managed to get her to go fishing, eating the fish we caught, get her a gun (yes, it's all hers), and during pregnancy a few years back she suddenly had a craving for poultry- so chicken and turkey were added to the menu. She even ate some of the quail I shot this past fall. She sometimes watches me clean the animals I harvest, and I kinda find that a little wierd- but it's time spent together. I'll admit, I've gone on many, many trips to do what she likes- antiques, long walks with no apparent purpose, dressage shows, malls, etc... but she has never gone hunting with me, after many, many times asked. It's a crying shame because she'd like it. She does, however, have a grudge against turkeys due to an incident when she was riding a horse through the western NY woods and a Turkey jumped out and spooked it and bucked her off pretty hard. She has agreed that someday she'll go turkey hunting. BUT, she still is very hesitant to try shooting a shotgun. I have two 20ga shotguns that she could use, but she's so afraid of the recoil that she gets psyched out and won't pull the trigger. I'll keep working on it- and it's funny because there are lots of women (including mine, sometimes) who get sore at their men for choosing to go hunting and not spending time with them, yet when asked to go along and hunt WITH their man- say "No way".

Honestly, if I didn't want the hassle of her hunting with me- I wouldn't ask. I just think she would really get a kick out of the experience, it would mean the world to me, and I really believe that we would become closer as a married couple. I mean, the long drives to camp where you can just keep asking all kinds of annoying questions and talking about random crap while I just smile and nod at would seem like a perfect scenario!

"Come and take it"

#35 Mocha1545

Mocha1545

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Family, Hunting, Fishing and Camping.
Here is another way to look at it.  When you're out in the field and there is nothing happening one could start a little with your wife or girl friend.

I've learned on this site that there a WAY too many people out there with fantastic optics. Somehow I'd end up as a story in the weirdest thing you glassed up!!

#36 PatrickJr

PatrickJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Interests:Shooting skeet and sporting clays, huntin' with my dad and the "A" team!!!
Here is another way to look at it.  When you're out in the field and there is nothing happening one could start a little with your wife or girl friend.

I've learned on this site that there a WAY too many people out there with fantastic optics. Somehow I'd end up as a story in the weirdest thing you glassed up!!

did you learn this first hand???

“What is the definition of a workaholic?” “A person who doesn’t hunt.”

Vegetarian — Ancient Indian word for inept, clumsy hunter.

#37 BeardownAZ

BeardownAZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:hunting, firearms, camping, music

Tried getting my wife to go but shes not into hunting or shooting but I aleast likes the camping so Ill take that. My daughter may be the hunter as she is now at the age I can get here mind to focus just enough to understand what we are doing plus she enjoyed shooting the AR once so... My son on the other would just rather look for empty shell casings or play with the campfire :wacko: .

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

#38 Elkhunter1

Elkhunter1

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, baseball Just being out of the city with all its clutter!!!

did you learn this first hand???

Yup up in Flagstaff on an Elkhunt that is where I came up with my handle. lol
Stephen Forrest

Life is hard, so get out there and enjoy!!!!

#39 PatrickJr

PatrickJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Interests:Shooting skeet and sporting clays, huntin' with my dad and the "A" team!!!

oooooooo   when I am hunting near flagstaff I will only glass for elk!

#40 mthorsrud

mthorsrud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

My self and two friends took my wife out for her first hunt ever and now is hooked! she realized why I talk about hunting and the outdoors so much. I think it is great for men or women to hunt. it shows a world to an individual that there is so much out there to enjoy and shows a respect to the wildlife that only hunters can respect. Nothing better then seeing the sun rise and the world coming alive. Oh yeah she killed a 92 inch coues on the first morning, 287 yards, one shot.IMGP3804.JPG

#41 PatrickJr

PatrickJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
My self and two friends took my wife out for her first hunt ever and now is hooked! she realized why I talk about hunting and the outdoors so much. I think it is great for men or women to hunt. it shows a world to an individual that there is so much out there to enjoy and shows a respect to the wildlife that only hunters can respect. Nothing better then seeing the sun rise and the world coming alive. Oh yeah she killed a 92 inch coues on the first morning, 287 yards, one shot.attachicon.gifIMGP3804.JPG

I wish even a guy like me could have luck like that!

#42 Elkhunter1

Elkhunter1

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, baseball Just being out of the city with all its clutter!!!
oooooooo   when I am hunting near flagstaff I will only glass for elk!

They do have whitish butts too, you will have to look for certain "movements"

Stephen Forrest

Life is hard, so get out there and enjoy!!!!

#43 mthorsrud

mthorsrud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
My self and two friends took my wife out for her first hunt ever and now is hooked! she realized why I talk about hunting and the outdoors so much. I think it is great for men or women to hunt. it shows a world to an individual that there is so much out there to enjoy and shows a respect to the wildlife that only hunters can respect. Nothing better then seeing the sun rise and the world coming alive. Oh yeah she killed a 92 inch coues on the first morning, 287 yards, one shot.attachicon.gifIMGP3804.JPG

What was good about the hunt is that it wasn't luck....she passed up a lot of bucks then we found the one she killed that was  running with an 80incher. she worked her butt off !  I had her set with "the claw" and told her to tell me when she found him because he was bedded to tell me while my friends had him in  there glass, she did," I said are the antlers shining behind the prickly pear? " she said "yes"!  I turned off the safety and bang, dead buck!

she was laughing because she had never seen three grown men get up and get out there cells and txt and she was the one that left hers at the truck. congrats Babe!

#44 PatrickJr

PatrickJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

What was good about the hunt is that it wasn't luck....she passed up a lot of bucks then we found the one she killed that was  running with an 80incher. she worked her butt off !  I had her set with "the claw" and told her to tell me when she found him because he was bedded to tell me while my friends had him in  there glass, she did," I said are the antlers shining behind the prickly pear? " she said "yes"!  I turned off the safety and bang, dead buck!

she was laughing because she had never seen three grown men get up and get out there cells and txt and she was the one that left hers at the truck. congrats Babe!

tell her congrats, that pretty cool.   most guys wouldn't have the balls or skills to shoot a deer out of its bed

#45 Mrs125coues

Mrs125coues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing and just being out in the outdoors. I also love pickling stuff ie: pickles, peppers, hot mix and other veggies.

When I was growing up we had family vacations at the lake, camping and fishing.  I loved it! I was always the first one on the boat ready to catch the most fish.  As I grew older and realized my dad and uncles were going hunting in November every year( in Texas) for deer, I asked to go.  You would have thought that I asked for a million bucks!  Keep in mind this was about 40 years ago.  I was told that I could not go that women were not allowed in hunt camp.  It took me several years of begging to go before I was allowed to tag along, only to be told to stay put in the cabin!!  Never got to shoot or hunt!  But the desire never left me, just went dormant.  I did not meet the right guys untill 14 years ago I met the love of my life.  My husband has, in his words, created a monster!  I try to tell him, no you just woke it up, but I am so thankful that he came into my life for many reasons.  I was very fortunate to have my husband take me and my dad to his brothers place in Texas and have us hunt together, it is one of the most happiest time's in my life, hunting with my Dad.  The story is that Mark, Dad and I were in a shooting house,  I had just shot a young Axis buck and it was Dad's shot next, when a big Whitetail showed up, Mark told my Dad not to shoot, but to let me take this buck, My first whitetail.  I shot and it went around a tree, I was so nervous, had buck fever!  Mark told us to just wait about 10 minutes then we would go get it.  Well about 5 min later out comes another deer, for a split second we think it was the one I shot, but Mark told Dad to shoot it.  Here is the picture of me and my Dad with our bucks.  Daddy told me that he was very proud of me and that he was happy that we got to hunt together, that he was sorry that it took all these years to realize that it was not just for men.  I am glad that times have changed in the hunting world.

Me and my Daddy with our bucks in Texas

Dad and I with our bucks in Texas 001.JPG

Kathi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users