Has anybody used the Bushnell Trophy DOA? It's got great reviews and half the price of the ultimate slam.

I had a buddy who out one on his muzzy. It was a CVA so we never got it to actually go off enough times to test it out. (Stay AWAY from CVA's and traditions guns!!!). It wasn't very clear an had really bad edge distortion but I think the reticle was a sound concept.

• Like 1

I have a CVA Accura II and put a Nikon Omega with the BDC reticle. It shoots great, but I wished I had got the Leupold, especially after my Nikon red dot fell apart on my pistol and Nikon wouldn't warranty it.

post-736-0-01796500-1398957507_thumb.jpg

Ok I found a great deal on the Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR. Brownell's has them for 189.99 but they are silver. I don't care about the color but have any of you guys had trouble with the silver finish holding up or with the silver being too reflective?

The silver is anodized on I believe, and it is a matte silver.

it cant be any worse than a stainless gun so id say your fine, but like you im not too hip on the silver scopes, I like matte black.

I just picked up a cva Altima with the Leupold slam. Will let you know what I think of the scope

i alos have a cva optima mag was thinking nikon but herin alot obout the leipold. pm me and let me no how she works. wanna a new scope for my 22s ml hunt. thanks

My gun is black synthetic stock w/ blued barrel so it won't match but who cares.

I think you'll forget about the silver outside when you shoot it. IMO, the best ML scope out there, and for that price, very hard to pass up.

Yeah, don't think I can justify the extra $100 for a black one and I haven't found anything with reviews that are close.

Ok I found a great deal on the Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR. Brownell's has them for 189.99 but they are silver. I don't care about the color but have any of you guys had trouble with the silver finish holding up or with the silver being too reflective?

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. It wasn't my first color choice but will look great above my stainless steel green mountain barrel.

Well not my top pick for color but I pulled the trigger on the Silver Leupold, to make it even better I found a coupon code for free shipping and paid exactly 189.99 for a 3-9 SABR Ultimate Slam. Can't wait to get it mounted up and try some loads. Hopefully I get to settle that ballistic reticle just behind the black patch on a big ole speed goat this fall.

My guns wear nothing but leupolds so you cant go wrong there, had an idea..you could spray paint that scope flat black too if you want.

I will wait and see how it looks. So now the question is what mounts are everyone using?

As you can tell by the countertops I am more of a function over form kind of guy and I don't think that silver scope atop my black muzzleloader is going to bother me one bit. Can't wait to shoot this beast.

post-5618-0-84023300-1400650845_thumb.jpg

• Like 1